Re: no anti-aliasing on iOS

Steve N4IRS

Patrick,
When you get a chance, please re-test. Mike has added a lowpass filter option for receive audio on the settings tab. The option is a checkbox and a slider. Please let us know the results.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 2/24/21 10:18 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi Steve et al.

Was just checking out the demo on a few platforms, and noticed that there is no anti-aliasing in Safari on iOS for audio playback. I remember specifically reading a message a few months ago on the DVSwitch list around the time DVSwitch Server was released that this was done on purpose. Just wondering what the technical reason is for that. It turns out that I have pretty bad tinnitus, so I'm unusually sensitive to that sort of thing, to the point where I quite literally flinch when I encounter it. I'd' really love to use this on iOS, but that will be hard in my case at the moment. Is input affected in reverse? I assume something about the way iOS does HTML5 doesn't like lower sampling rates, or the overhead needed for anti-aliasing breaks something else.

Join Analog-Reflector@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.