Analog_Reflector client support.

Steve N4IRS

Analog_Reflector (AR) is much more than just the server for the HTML Client (hUC) AR builds on the capabilities of Analog_Bridge (AB) to support multiple clients and client types. With AB you could have one client connected at a time. If I'm connected with DVSwitch Mobile (DVSM) or the Python Client (pyUC) and I decide to "switch over to another client, AB disconnects from the first client and then connects to the second client. AR handles this differently. AR will accept connections from multiple clients at the same time. Those clients can be any mix of DVSM, pyUC or hUC. You can have 2 DVSM, 3 HTML and 2 hUC all connected at the same time to AR. The important thing to remember is that you are all sharing bridges and servers connected to AR. If one user tunes, all users see the tune and all users are placed in the new mode and TG or Reflector. For a single user, this make it quite easy to switch from his Android device to his Desktop  then to his iPad. It's seamless. This can also be a small group of friends all sharing one instance of DVSwitch Server in the cloud. How about a "club station"

If you have tried out the example on <https://allstar.dvswitch.org:8090/html/hUC-min.html> you know that AR supports an extensive access control list. The system operator can assign rights by callsign. In the example, we did not allow unknown users to tune or transmit. You can control the transmit and tune rights by user. Steve can transmit but not tune, Mike can tune but no transmit, Joan can tune and transmit. Phil is the sysop, he can dynamically turn off a right for a connected user. Steve is sitting on his mic? OK, mute Steve. Someone connects with a callsign you know, you can grant them temporary transmit (or tune rights)

I would think the term transmit rights is self-explanatory. Either you can transmit or you can't. Tune is a little more. Tune give you the ability to change modes and "destinations" Those destinations can be a Talk Group, a Reflector or a AllStar node. It all depends on the mode you are in. AR allows you to create a custom list for each mode. DMR, NXDN and P25 will be a list of Talk Groups, D-Star and YSF will be a list of reflectors and AllStar will be a list of nodes.

More later