iPhone error

@AndrewVK2HAC

Hi, i can work on the Mac Safari version all OK.

on the iPhone safari version, i get a certificate error. pops up at the bottom right. i can see the web page I can unlock the auto but it does not "connect"

Steve N4IRS

On 3/6/21 5:32 PM, newsletters@... wrote:
Hi, i can work on the Mac Safari version all OK.

on the iPhone safari version, i get a certificate error. pops up at the bottom right. i can see the web page I can unlock the auto but it does not "connect"

Steve N4IRS

What happened to waiting for me to go through this?

On 3/6/21 6:06 PM, KYLE - WX9KVH wrote:

Follow these instructions to install a certificate server side that will allow you to access on any browser or device without issue.

Make a backup of current installation.

As always, run these commands as sudo.

Install snapd.

# apt update

# apt install snapd

Install snapd core.

# snap install core

Test your system.

# snap install hello-world

Make sure your snap version is up to date.

# snap install core; sudo snap refresh core

Remove certbot-auto.

#apt-get remove certbot

Install certbot.

# snap install --classic certbot

Prepare the certbot command.

# ln -s /snap/bin/certbot /usr/bin/certbot

# certbot certonly --webroot

- It will ask for your email

- It will ask for your DNS name

- It will ask for the webroot, and that is /var/www/html/

Stop analog_reflector.

# systemctl stop analog_reflector

Remove all old certificate files.

# rm /opt/Analog_Reflector/ssl/dvswitch*

***In the following commands, change yourdomain.tld to your domain name.***

# ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/archive/yourdomain.tld/privkey1.pem /opt/Analog_Reflector/ssl/dvswitch.key

# ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/archive/yourdomain.tld/fullchain1.pem /opt/Analog_Reflector/ssl/dvswitch-ca.crt

# ln -s /etc/letsencrypt/archive/yourdomain.tld/fullchain1.pem /opt/Analog_Reflector/ssl/dvswitch.crt

Restart analog_reflector.

# systemctl start analog_reflector

Test automatic renewal.

# certbot renew --dry-run

Reboot server.

# reboot -n

Enjoy!

KYLE - WX9KVH

Well, I guess since Ive heard nothing back I figured it was good. I've used the tutorial now on 3 different servers with zero issues.

Steve N4IRS

I see no reason to use snap and I'm considering repointing the source of the keys.

On 3/6/21 6:14 PM, KYLE - WX9KVH wrote:
Well, I guess since Ive heard nothing back I figured it was good. I've used the tutorial now on 3 different servers with zero issues.

@AndrewVK2HAC

Yep that got it.
I did the first import but not the second item to turn on the trusted Root Cert.
Now all good on that.
Thanks