Topics

What server is this running on?

Steve N4IRS

Edited

One of the questions I have been getting is about hosting DVSwitch Server / AllStar / Analog Reflector.
This demo system is running on a Linux VPS hosted by Virtual Machine Solution (VirMach) is a VERY basic single core, 512 MB RAM, 10GB VPS. It's running Debian 9 (which I forgot to upgrade to Buster) Is it tight on resources? Yes, I felt part of the testing was to see how a minimal system would work hosting the project. I think it's doing well for what it is. Here are a few links:
Virtual Machine Solutions
DVSwitch Dashboard
AllStar node 2150
EZ Service Monitor

Balasubramanian Iyer

Hi
I am already running servers
ASL, DVSWITCH, Ambed, Ambe servers
How can i link to web based app of yours?

Do i need to run server for html server

73

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 at 7:30 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

One of the questions I have been getting is about hosting DVSwitch Server / AllStar / Analog Reflector.
This demo system is running on a Linux VPS hosted by Virtual Machine Solution (VirMach) is a VERY basic single core, 512 MB RAM, 10GB VPS. It's running Debian 9 (which I forgot to upgrade to Buster) Is it tight on resources? Yes, I felt part of the testing was to see how a minimal system would work hosting the project. I think it's doing well for what it is. Here are a few links:
Virtual Machine Solutions
DVSwitch Dashboard
AllStar node 2150
EZ Service Monitor

Steve N4IRS

For the HTML client, you do not need a web server. You do need a web server for the dashboards. We will be releasing the HTML client on March 1st.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 2/24/21 10:05 PM, Balasubramanian Iyer wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your reply
Kindly clarify this client (Dashboard)  can work for only your server or any server run by others.

Yes eagerly waiting for March
73
Bala VU3TBR

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 at 8:37 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

I'll try to clarify this way, all of the dashboards I posted a link to require the host have a web server installed.

Balasubramanian Iyer

Hi steve
I understood what you mean

My question can i run similar webserver for my server running ASL, YSF,Ambe,Ambed server

73

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 at 4:54 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
I'll try to clarify this way, all of the dashboards I posted a link to require the host have a web server installed.

Steve N4IRS

Sorry,
I guess I don't understand the question. The dashboards require a web server. What do you mean by a "similar webserver" ?