Re: DAHDI timing and ASL

Steve N4IRS

Ken,
Not sure what you mean by running the data stream continuously. I'm thinking a startup delay may help, but both seem like a hack rather then a fix. What channel driver are you seeing this with?

Steve N4IRS

On 12/30/19 1:43 PM, Ken KE2N via Groups.Io wrote:
This (dahdi_dummy) worked well with my RPI3 and it even helped results on a big hulking quad core machine, by raising the occasional worst-case result..

The remaining problem that I see with ASL1.01 is - for lack of a better name - usb fob startup.  When the repeater has been quiet and decides to spit out a morse or voice ID, sometimes the first morse character or the first syllable or two of the voice comes out choppy.

In the other camp I believe they fixed this problem by running the data stream continuously, is that hard to do?

Ken

Join DVSwitch-AllStar@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.