Re: Install just Allstar on Debian 10

Steve N4IRS

If you can wait a week or 2, I'll build the apt packages for i386.

On 2/21/21 1:25 PM, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via groups.io wrote:
Dang! It’s an older x86 machine… ok… Well that answers that…. I should have proabably said that earlier sorry about that… ok… It needs a nuke and pave anyway so I could roll back to Deb 9 and install the older stuff..

On Feb 21, 2021, at 1:10 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@msgstor.com> wrote:

Jeff,
Yes, you can install just AllStar on Debian 10 IF it is armhf (RPi) or AMD64 (intel 64 bit)
First, make sure you system is up to date:
apt update
apt upgrade

If any updates were installed, reboot

wget http://dvswitch.org/buster
chmod +x buster
./buster

apt update

verify install is possible:
apt install allstar --dry-run

If no errors:
apt-install allstar

logout or reboot

asl-menu to configure.

Steve N4IRS

On 2/21/21 12:34 PM, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via groups.io wrote:
HI Steve!

I was looking to see if it is possible to install just Allstar on Debian 10. I tried searching in the group but I may have missed it. I have a Debian 10 box sitting here being under utilized (it just runs my Plex Media Server and some internal websites) so I wanted to move Allstar to it to free up an old netbook I have sitting here for another project. I don’t have a need to DVSwitch Server, that is why I was wondering if it was possible to use your updated images to install just Allstar.

Thanks!

Jeff, N8ACL

Join DVSwitch-AllStar@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.