Retaking on the ASL<->YSF personal project #analog_bridge #mmdvm_bridge

Tito Lopez - YN1OB

I have been away from the groups for a few months now and would like to restart the project in which I would like to bridge ASL to YSFN strictly.
I have both fresh installs of Allstarlink and YSF reflector. Both running on vultr provider.
Since I have the YSFReflector running on a separate machine I need to start with Allstarlink.
Allstarlink is up and running with echolink enabled which is running fine.
I see that there are write ups to to ASL-DMR but my fav is YSF.
Let me know what I need to do to get that working.
 Thanks to all those who take time to point me out in the right direction.
W3DAW

Steve N4IRS

Pretty much disable DMR and enable YSF in MMDVM_Bridge.ini
Set the ports for YSF in DVSwitch.ini to match the ports for DMR (TX and RX)

Steve N4IRS

On 3/10/2020 7:52 PM, Tito Lopez wrote:
I have been away from the groups for a few months now and would like to restart the project in which I would like to bridge ASL to YSFN strictly.
I have both fresh installs of Allstarlink and YSF reflector. Both running on vultr provider.
Since I have the YSFReflector running on a separate machine I need to start with Allstarlink.
Allstarlink is up and running with echolink enabled which is running fine.
I see that there are write ups to to ASL-DMR but my fav is YSF.
Let me know what I need to do to get that working.
 Thanks to all those who take time to point me out in the right direction.
W3DAW

Tito Lopez - YN1OB

One last question, do I need that USRP in the "1999" Stanza?
Orlando w3daw

Steve N4IRS

Yes

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

From: DVSwitch-ASL@DVSwitch.groups.io <DVSwitch-ASL@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Tito Lopez <OBUSTOS01@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 3:58:46 PM
To: DVSwitch-ASL@DVSwitch.groups.io <DVSwitch-ASL@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch-ASL] Retaking on the ASL<->YSF personal project #mmdvm_bridge #analog_bridge

One last question, do I need that USRP in the "1999" Stanza?
Orlando w3daw

Tito Lopez - YN1OB

Well I tried it but failed miserably.
Anyone willing to lend a hand wanting to login to the node adn check that crap out. I am sure its something simple but ysf never seems to work when trying to configured the darn thing. No audio coming across
Any takers? please let me know.
YN1OB

Tito Lopez - YN1OB

I guess I failed to mention that I will host a radioless node. so I do not need the "1999" as i want the "radioless" node to be the bridge.
Back on the ALS<->YSF Bandwagon again.... just cant quit as it is a learning experience.
YN1OB

David Martin

Hi Tito,
Without knowing exactly what you want to do, I would say you do need,

A, a 'usrp node' for analog_bridge and mmdvm_bridge to connect to. And,

B, a simpleusb node for your all-star/echolink numbers that will connect to the loudspeaker/microphone.

These are then connected together in asterisk on startup.

If you are really starting from scratch and you need guidance then I suggest you follow the ASL to DMR how-to. 
Get that working then make changes as per Steve's email earlier to connect to YSF.

I have built two of these and they work well. Let me know if I can help further.  

Dave Martin VK3KQT

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 07:19 Tito Lopez <OBUSTOS01@...> wrote:
I guess I failed to mention that I will host a radioless node. so I do not need the "1999" as i want the "radioless" node to be the bridge.
Back on the ALS<->YSF Bandwagon again.... just cant quit as it is a learning experience.
YN1OB

Tito Lopez - YN1OB

Dave, thanks for your input and I appreciate you taken the initiative to help further, other have done great too!
Just to give you a run down...
 I have setup a YSFReflector 
What I want to do is connect to that reflector via ASL<--->YSFReflector
DMR is not my thing right now and would like that all the traffic I get from my ASL to that reflector.
I am currently running a node in vultr. the thing runs fine.
That is where my problem is.
I have built  ASL-DMR node prior to this but it seems that all stops working once I try to incorporate YSF
thanks 
Orlando