How install DVSwitch on ASL 1.01/RPi Stretch

Rick KK4GGL

Can someone point me to directions/how-to to install DVSwitch on an existing ASL_1.01 raspbian stretch install?

Thanks.

Steve N4IRS

1: Make darn sure you have a backup.
2: apt-get udate
3: apt-get upgrade
4: reboot
5: login
6: sudo -s
7 wget http://dvswitch.org/buster
8: chmod +x buster
9: ./buster
10: apt-get install dvswitch-server

I think this will work. I would also suggest you consider moving to the combined DVSwitch Server / AllStar image at <http://dvswitch.org/files/DVSwitch_Images/Raspberry_Pi/Buster/2021-02-14-DVSwitch-Server-AllStar-lite.zip>

Steve N4IRS

On 7/31/22 20:13, Rick KK4GGL wrote:
Can someone point me to directions/how-to to install DVSwitch on an existing ASL_1.01 raspbian stretch install?

Thanks.

Rick KK4GGL

Thank you for the directions.
I only have a Pi2 available for the Allstar node and Buster seems to run rather slow on it.
I will give your directions a try.

Steve N4IRS

This does not install buster.

On 8/1/2022 8:39 AM, Rick KK4GGL wrote:
Thank you for the directions.
I only have a Pi2 available for the Allstar node and Buster seems to run rather slow on it.
I will give your directions a try.

Rick KK4GGL

I when step by step and DVSwitch is now installed.
Now I just have to try to configure it :-)
Thanks for the info/help.