Install just Allstar on Debian 10

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

HI Steve!

I was looking to see if it is possible to install just Allstar on Debian 10. I tried searching in the group but I may have missed it. I have a Debian 10 box sitting here being under utilized (it just runs my Plex Media Server and some internal websites) so I wanted to move Allstar to it to free up an old netbook I have sitting here for another project. I don’t have a need to DVSwitch Server, that is why I was wondering if it was possible to use your updated images to install just Allstar.

Thanks!

Jeff, N8ACL

Steve N4IRS

Jeff,
Yes, you can install just AllStar on Debian 10 IF it is armhf (RPi) or AMD64 (intel 64 bit)
First, make sure you system is up to date:
apt update
apt upgrade

If any updates were installed, reboot

wget http://dvswitch.org/buster
chmod +x buster
./buster

apt update

verify install is possible:
apt install allstar --dry-run

If no errors:
apt-install allstar

logout or reboot

asl-menu to configure.

Steve N4IRS

On 2/21/21 12:34 PM, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via groups.io wrote:
HI Steve!

I was looking to see if it is possible to install just Allstar on Debian 10. I tried searching in the group but I may have missed it. I have a Debian 10 box sitting here being under utilized (it just runs my Plex Media Server and some internal websites) so I wanted to move Allstar to it to free up an old netbook I have sitting here for another project. I don’t have a need to DVSwitch Server, that is why I was wondering if it was possible to use your updated images to install just Allstar.

Thanks!

Jeff, N8ACL

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

Dang! It’s an older x86 machine… ok… Well that answers that…. I should have proabably said that earlier sorry about that… ok… It needs a nuke and pave anyway so I could roll back to Deb 9 and install the older stuff..

On Feb 21, 2021, at 1:10 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@msgstor.com> wrote:

[...]

If you can wait a week or 2, I'll build the apt packages for i386.

On 2/21/21 1:25 PM, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Sure that works. I’m not hurting for an Allstar system since I already have one running . Thanks much!