locked Re: BrandMeister authentication in a Loop ?? #support #closed

Randy AA6RH

Well, it's not like BM hasn't been saying this for a long, long time. I think everyone is better off when you follow the prescribed solution rather than go rogue and connect any which way, just because you feel like it's better.

It's BM's prerogative to protect their network. Some (maybe not most, maybe not even many, but definitely enough) users have misused HBLink to get it a reputation as a troublemaking tool, when it's really the person who puts the tool to use that should be responsible.

Development time that normally would go toward improving the software instead goes toward support tickets and talking with stakeholders about how HBLink users are making the job of volunteer DMR Network admins tougher rather than easier.

That's about all I'm going to say on the matter right now. I know this has been a sore subject for a long time.

--R
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

Join HBlink@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.