locked Re: HBLINK ECHO-PARROT and DudeSTAR #hblink #closed #echo #dudestar #parrot

Randy AA6RH

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 11:50 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
DudeStar and DroidStar like all currently released mobile / PC software use the MMDVM protocol to connect to a DMR Master. BM is requiring this type of software to use the Open DMR Terminal Protocol. From comments I've seen from the author, he is not moving to ODMRTP. He is going to continue supporting HB based systems. I think he is pretty motivated to make things work. I suggest you contact him to help resolve the issue with HBlink.

As a side note, DVSwitch is beta testing our implementation of ODMRTP called Simple Terminal Feature Update to allow users to continue connecting to BM. Simple Terminal Feature Update is our answer to BM. If all goes well, we will release on March 31.

Steve N4IRS
Clever acronyms aside, I get your meaning. I'll see if I can contact him and figure out what's going on between DroidStar/DudeStar and HBLink

--R
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

Join HBlink@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.