locked Re: HBLINK ECHO-PARROT and DudeSTAR #hblink #closed #echo #dudestar #parrot

Eric - KF7EEL

Perhaps the addition of a timeout condition in line 128 could work? I'll play with this idea a little later.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021, 11:23 Randy AA6RH <aa6rh@...> wrote:
I wish it were that simple.

The problem stems from the following: the app, as written, only does processing when it receives network traffic. That's what the dmrd_received() function is all about.

So what does it mean if the network traffic the app is looking for never arrives? You can't just delay() and expect it to work. The only time this function gets called is when there's network traffic coming in.

I'll have to devise something else. I'll look at other parts of the code base to see if and what Cort did to address this, because this isn't the only situation where this might happen. Pretty sure bridge.py has something.

I'll let you know what I find.

--R
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

Join HBlink@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.