Repost from the mail group with more info - IPSC_Bridge<->HB_Bridge & VirMach

Jon K1IMD

This is a partial repost from the main group with more information. N4IRS suggested that I port here verses the main group for assistance.

I have tried yet again to make this work without success.  I have been running these bridges on various hardware for a few years with few problems.  But this one has me stumped because the EXACT same configuration works FB on a RPi & a different VM... but does not seem to work on the aforementioned VirMach.  Attached are the key configuration files and logs.  Originally I had iptables running but I disabled that to ensure it was not part of the problem.  I did turn on DEBUG and logging from the original working configuration put nothing else.  IPSC_Bridge connects to the c-Bridge OK but HB_Bridge does not seem to be able to log into IPSC_Bridge.  Mind you as I mentioned the EXACT same .cfg files work on different hardware so it should not be a port typo or anything like that.  I have confirmed that non of the ports I have chosen are in use my the system.  The attached files have external IP & Ports redacted for security reasons.

The end result which works FB on other hardware is:
c-Bridge<->IPSC_Bridge<->HB_Bridge<->hblink3<->mmdvm repeater or hotspot
But until I IPSC_Bridge & HB_Bridge on this VirMach VPS I am Dead in the Water.

It appears that the internal ports don't communicate with each other.  I can only assume that I will also have the same issue problem with hblink3 as the next step.  Does anyone have any idea why I have the problem only on this VPS.

73
Jon
K1IMD

Has anyone by chance managed to get IPSC_Bridge<->HB_Bridge to run on a VirMach VPS (Elite+ LITE Package) with Debian 9 OS?

I have tried on and off for well more than a year to try to get it to work.  Prior to moving the system to the VPS I bench tested it on a RPi running Debian 9 and it worked fine.

I set it up on the VPS, everything runs with no complaints BUT the dmrlink & hblink to not "talk" to one another.  Thinking as I always do... I wonder what I did wrong because the machine is never at fault it is always the human... right?

To prove myself wrong I took the exact same configuration and installed it on a different system, in this case a VM also running Debian 9 and it works fine.  I even replicated the bridge 5 times for different connections and they all have worked flawlessly for over a year.

The VirMach VPS is their low end service, the lowest end service Value+ LITE did not have enough memory (512MB) to load so I bumped up to the Elite+ LITE (1GB) and everything loads fine.

What appears to be the problem is that the internal in IPSC_Bridge fromGatewayPort = 31000 & toGatewayPort = 31003 don't communicate with HB_Bridge ports fromGatewayPort = 31003 & toGatewayPort = 31000

Since the exact same configuration works fine on other systems it would appear that the problem is somewhere in the architecture of the VPS.

Anyone have any ideas or been successful using VirMach for bridging?

Join HBlink@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.