Re: HBLink3 Attempts to connect to BrandMeister but never completes the connection attempt

Kevin Halton

Just because you can does not mean you should. We are guests of the BM team and should abide by their requests.

On Dec 23, 2021, at 7:56 AM, Doug - W4DBG <douggooden@...> wrote:

I know this group is around the world but for the USA it clearly states not to do a peer connection via HBLINK.

Scroll down to “Bridging to USA Masters” and it clearly states what is supported.

Doug
W4DBG

On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 5:38 AM GB7NR Support <support@...> wrote:
Ha ha , good look with that ! You can change some syntax so that BM thinks it’s a hotspot. I didn’t realise that they are blocking connections! But no surprise.  There should be no reason why you can’t connect as a peer as long as you are not bridging to any other networks and it’s for your own personal use. Unless BM specifically state on there official wiki that a HBLink peer connection is not allowed. But yes an OpenBridge is the preferred way but wether you get an open bridge is another thing.

Shane
M0VUB

On 23 Dec 2021, at 11:05, Doug - W4DBG <douggooden@...> wrote:

Brandmeister does not accept peer connections.

You have to request and OpenBridge connection with them.

Doug
W4DBG

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 10:00 PM Jared Smudde <computerwhiz02@...> wrote:
Howdy, I've configured HBLink3 to link to Brandmeister. When I go to start the bridge, it says the Repeater Configuration is accepted, Sent Options: (b'Type=HBLink;') and then goes into a maintence loop and then it sends a login request to the master again and the cycle will continue indefinitely. It never completes the connection to Brandmeister. While the video series is what older, I followed the configuration steps by Chris Hood on his blog, not sure if that may be the issue. Am I missing some steps or misconfigured something?

<0.png>

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...