Re: HBLINK3 will not start if YSFRelflector is running first

GB7NR Support

Hi,

that’s ok, seems that’s some of those dependencies are well due for upgrade. It may be worth backing up your config files and rules.py & reinstalling with Debian 11 and using my one shot installer. The current latest genuine HBLink repo is here https://github.com/HBLink-org/hblink3 is rock solid and probably the most stable it’s ever been on a Debian 11 setup. I’ve been running this setup for over a year on the FreeSTAR Network and has been faultless, this is the dash Waldeks original HBMonitor, using docker https://freestar.network/dash/masterserver/public/public_dash.html

Use this if you want a simple setup
One shot with HBMonv2 dash

Replace with your backed up config
/etc/hblink3/

Follow the instructions on GitHub

Thank me later :)

Shane
M0VUB

On 31 Mar 2022, at 18:49, W8DSB <w8dsb@...> wrote:

Hi Shane, I am not a linux guy at all but I stepped up to create this cloud for our club so forgive the simple questions.
I did a apt-get update and apt-get upgrade (a few times) my hblink.py is dated 6/15/2020 (not sure of any other way to tell if I have the newest.

when I "pip list"
bitarray (0.8.1)
pip (8.1.1)
pyserial (3.0.1)
setuptools (20.7.0)
wheel (0.29.0)
You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 22.0.4 is available.

I think I have Python 2,3,3.5 installed but not sure how to tell (The OS install came with 3.5.x but DVSwitch installed 2 and 3)

My service to start HBlink looks like this, so I assume this means I am using python 3 because thats what I am calling:
[Service]
StandardOutput=null
WorkingDirectory=/opt/HBlink3
RestartSec=3
ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 /opt/HBlink3/bridge.py
Restart=on-abort

Join HBlink@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.