BM TG not opening on startup

zl2wd@...

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a issue when connecting to BM for example I have the below in my rules.

 'BMNETWORK TG 91 to DRGNZ': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'DRGNZ', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 91,   'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'BMNETWORK', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 91,   'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},

DRGNZ = my server
BMNETWORK = BM

Now the issue is that I have to trigger the TG91 before I see the traffic on my server then after 10mins it times out.

Below is the hblink.cfg config for connection to BM

[BMNETWORK]
MODE: PEER
ENABLED: True
LOOSE: False
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 54001
MASTER_IP: 64.94.238.196
MASTER_PORT: 62031
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
CALLSIGN: ZL2XLX
RADIO_ID: 530002802
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 3
LATITUDE: 38.0000
LONGITUDE: -095.0000
HEIGHT: 75
LOCATION: NZ
USE_ACL: True
SUB_ACL: DENY:1
TGID_TS1_ACL: PERMIT:ALL
TGID_TS2_ACL: PERMIT:ALL

Other services I connect to don't seem to have this issue like DMRMARRC and XLX Reflectors. I do also have the same issue with connection to TGIF.

Thanks in advance for your help or suggestions

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

That is because bm sees you using 2 time slots so it thinks you are a repeater and uses the standard time outs.  If you don’t want that to happen then set it as a static in the bm portal.  If you do that and have other talkgroups assigned in the same timeslot you may lose some traffic.

Corey n3fe

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 7:34 AM <zl2wd@...> wrote:
[...]

Michael Eckhoff (K5MRE)

Since you also mentioned the TGIF side, set the options to assign talkgroup to timeslot.

StartRef0 is timeslot 1 and StartRef1 is timeslot 2.

Keep in mind this only sets it on connect.  If you change talkgroups it won't bring it back automatically.

Michael
K5MRE

On Aug 9, 2019, at 12:46 PM, Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:

[...]

Edited

Hi Corey,

thanks for that info. So if I change the SLOT:3 to say SLOT:1 or SLOT:2 then it will not see me as a repeater? As I don't want to just set TG91 I'm wanting to have other BM TG come through also as I set them in the rules.py

So it set the connection on connection to BM

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

You are correct.  I would change it to 2. As a hotspot normally uses 2 in dmo mode.

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 4:04 PM <zl2wd@...> wrote:
Hi Corey,

thanks for that info. So if I change the SLOT:3 to say SLOT:1 or SLOT:2 then it will not see me as a repeater? As I don't want to just set TG91 I'm wanting to have other BM TG come through also as I set them in the rules.py

Kevin Halton

Michael,

If I wanted to say add 10 Talkgroups would I add all of them to the options line? Or leave it blank and just key up tg to activate?

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

How are you connecting as a client or using openbridge?

Corey  N3FE

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 1:13 PM Kevin Halton <KA1MXL@...> wrote:
Michael,

If I wanted to say add 10 Talkgroups would I add all of them to the options line? Or leave it blank and just key up tg to activate?

Kevin Halton

Corey,

Connecting as a client

How are you connecting as a client or using openbridge?

Corey  N3FE

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 1:13 PM Kevin Halton <KA1MXL@...> wrote:

Michael,

If I wanted to say add 10 Talkgroups would I add all of them to the options line? Or leave it blank and just key up tg to activate?

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

Single slot as a hotspot or full duplex like a repeater?

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 2:53 PM Kevin Halton <KA1MXL@...> wrote:

Corey,

Connecting as a client

How are you connecting as a client or using openbridge?

Corey  N3FE

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 1:13 PM Kevin Halton <KA1MXL@...> wrote:

Michael,

If I wanted to say add 10 Talkgroups would I add all of them to the options line? Or leave it blank and just key up tg to activate?

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

If you are using two timeslots and connecting as a client, you are only going to get each one for 15 minutes unless you make them static in the bm portal.

That is why openbridge is the perfered method of connecting so that you can do what you want with them.

BM now also doesn't require a static ip address.  THey can now ise a FQDN for connections.

If you want a Open Bridge connection you will need to email support@...

Corey  N3FE