Newbie Setting Up HBlink for private server #hblink #dmr_utils #github #dmrlink #mmdvm_bridge

I am trying to set up HBLink as a private server but when I use the https://github.com/n0mjs710/dmr_utils3.git I am asked for a user name and password. I tried this about a month ago and it worked but I wasn't doing something right so I reset the cloud server and I am trying this again from scratch. Does someone have a guide on how to set this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been doing tons of research and learning along the way but a little help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to use Chris Hood's online guide but this terminal sting that I have mentioned above is not working at this time.
My main goal is to have a server (which I know would be just the HBLink portion of this) That my friends and I can chat on without using BM. I would also like to have a few tg's routed to BM tg's
Thank you for your help
I am a newbie at this so any specifics would be greatly appreciated. I am learning as I go along.

David Martin

https://github.com/HBLink-org try this

Dave Martin VK3KQT

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020, 13:03 Joseph Bay <call.sign.ke0tse@...> wrote:
[...]

Doug - W4DBG

Have you tried pip install dmr_utils3

Doug
W4DBG

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...

Dave,
This worked great! Thank you very much.
Joe KE0TSE

You guys don't by chance know how to set up HBMonitor do you? I would like to add that to my setup. Thanks in advance.

I am also having issues with my hotspot not logging in with the master. I have port 60230 set and the password is passw0rd. Any suggestions as to why my hotspot is not connecting to the master?

Quick update, I got everything working!
I was having issues with the port on the pi-star. I now need to figure out how to get hbmonitor working. Any advice on how to get this working? Also does anyone know how to check for open ports on the pi-star?

OH1E Riku

I have exacly same issue radio id is replaced here as "xx"
I have followed instructions https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/wiki/12099 and also replaced URL https://github.com/HBLink-org
Everything is fine and no errors on install. I'm running debian 10.8, guide is for 10

Thing is Is i have over years using hblink but the os on that server is way older(and still works). tried now do a testing system, but well... putting dvswitch there but well..
So to replicate this problem, just install newest debian and follow that guide, you cannot get it working. or i have done something very wrong. tried default port other ports, couple hotspots (openspot1 and mmdvm) all do the same error, i think this is related to sha256?

INFO 2021-03-21 22:42:44,302 (MASTER-1) Repeater Logging in with Radio ID: xx, 10.0.3.210:52009
INFO 2021-03-21 22:42:44,302 (MASTER-1) Sent Challenge Response to xx for login: 3612796019
INFO 2021-03-21 22:42:44,302 (MASTER-1) Repeater Logging in with Radio ID: xx, 10.0.3.210:52009
INFO 2021-03-21 22:42:44,302 (MASTER-1) Sent Challenge Response to xx for login: 1936826194
INFO 2021-03-21 22:42:44,331 (MASTER-1) Peer xx has FAILED the login exchange successfully
WARNING 2021-03-21 22:42:44,342 (MASTER-1) Login challenge from Radio ID that has not logged in: xx
WARNING 2021-03-21 22:42:44,343 (MASTER-1) Peer info from Radio ID that has not logged in: xx
WARNING 2021-03-21 22:42:44,343 (MASTER-1) Peer info from Radio ID that has not logged in: xx

best 73 OH1E

OH1E Riku

copied hblink3(with working conf files) from a working operating system to debian 10, and still doing the same FAILED. no luck. it just loop reconnect.
so what OS I need to use where I can put dvswitch and hblink on the same? is this even possible with 10.8?
To reproduce error install debian 10.8 and run hblink3 then connect hotspot to it.

riku OH1E

Randy AA6RH

Hi there,

Is this your first time with hblink3 (that is, the previous installs were HBLink on Python 2.x)?

The only difference I see between the two version (HBLink to hblink3) is that the salt for the SHA256 hash is generated "similarly". That salt generation might be enough to make it so that it doesn't match between the versions.

I've never had to support someone who was running HBLink and having it connect to HBLink3, and I would've figured this would have come up as an issue prior to this, given how deeply Cort was involved in both projects.

You should totally be able to host HBLink and DVSwitch apps on the same box.

--R
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

OH1E Riku

Heya Randy, thanks for answer.
the other version was hblink 3.x too. let me explain better:

i did clean install debian 10.8, hblink wont work there. the issue is on debian libraries not on hblink3.
i just don't know where to start looking the problem as debug log show only that challenge thing what is related I think on sha265?.

On other system where I have hblink3 still running is ubuntu 16. it has nothing to do with this, but I copied that hblink to new system and it gave same error.

riku oh1e

Corey Dean N3FE

Hblink3, dvswitch, all those work find in Debian 10.  No problems at all.  Why don’t you try posting the errors you are getting in Linux so we can help you along?

On Mar 22, 2021, at 3:25 AM, OH1E Riku <riku@...> wrote:

Heya Randy, thanks for answer.
the other version was hblink 3.x too. let me explain better:

i did clean install debian 10.8, hblink wont work there. the issue is on debian libraries not on hblink3.
i just don't know where to start looking the problem as debug log show only that challenge thing what is related I think on sha265?.

On other system where I have hblink3 still running is ubuntu 16. it has nothing to do with this, but I copied that hblink to new system and it gave same error.

riku oh1e

OH1E Riku

Hi again, thanks for answering Dean,
okey i tried now different approach it turns out the problem was all along on my network.
as I use double internet connection to my servers on internal IP:s (yes i use bound for 2x service providers) it was all along the problem.
it seems the UDP packets reach 2x times on destination and hblink cannot intrepid it right as I'm using bounding for sending packets on both internet service provides to have high avalibity, if internet disconnects or have hangups, it has lossless interruption. as i need lossless connection to server rather than speed. and this 4G LTE internets is bad here they keep hanging and disconnect, this way i have lossless connection to my server most of the time.

i think this problem is very very rare, as not much people using this way :) only work around for this, is route the packets through other internet via public IP. using internet IP through VPN tunnels is not an option this time. i was to do test server and use that internal-ip but well, we cannot always win..

sorry for the inconvenience for everyone I bring along :) Nice to have it working. i though it was on debian10 problem as it was only difference.
best 73, OH1E

Randy AA6RH

If you're using multiple sources for broadband, you should look into OSPF or similar routing protocols to ensure that you can safely fail-over to the backup broadband provider. Perhaps you're already doing it.

Glad that the problem is sorted out. I always appreciate having it be something other than HBLink :)
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁