TG isolation? #hblink #support

playexata

Edited

Hi,
Is it possible to run 2 different TGs in the same master without mixing them?
Edit;
Mixing is not the correct word in this case  because they are not mixing.
I can hear TG 1 while I am on TG 2 but also I can see its coming from TG1.
What I am asking, is it possible to prevent this?

In example ;
lets say we have 2 MMDVM devices connected to HBlink3 and  we have  2 TG( TG1 and TG2).
When some talk at TG1 on MMDVM1 and  on the other side  another person listens on TG2 on MMDVM2.

I know that HBlink3 master system works like repeater  and has the same principal limitations but is this  possible.
And sorry if it should be work like that and I am a idiot couldnt make it work or this has been mantioned and not a target of  HBlink3 I am sorry for wasting your time.

Heiko DL1BZ

The hblink don't work like a repeater, it works like a (call) router.
You need to configure the access side for your repeater or hotspots. All depends on what you use - a duplex repeater with both slots availible at the same time or a simplex system like a simplex hotspot, which have only 1(!) timeslot availible. In the rules-file you need to configure out, how the access systems will be working together in bridging mode. You need one brigde for every tg, ranges are not possible in hblink. If you have an access system with both slots availible you can control the two slots separatly and independend. Simplex systems are limited, because you can use only one slot, which means all traffic will be transmitted only in one slot. I hope it helps for understanding, but maybe I don't understand your problem exactly.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ

Jeff

I too am curious on this but am under how to configure it all.
Basically I want a group of say 5 hotspots a mixture of simplex and duplex
I want TG1 , TG2 and TG3 but I dont want them hearing each other.

Any suggestions on how to write the rules or configuration

Thanks
Jeff

shayda it

i have same request

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 1:00 AM Jeff <nightsbird.mobile@...> wrote:
I too am curious on this but am under how to configure it all.
Basically I want a group of say 5 hotspots a mixture of simplex and duplex
I want TG1 , TG2 and TG3 but I dont want them hearing each other.

Any suggestions on how to write the rules or configuration

Thanks
Jeff

Randy AA6RH

I think a diagram or some other visual aid might help here. Any takers on building something to explain what rules you expect to have happen?

I'm sensing that we need more rules examples for bridge.py

--R
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

Randy AA6RH

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 02:50 PM, playexata wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to run 2 different TGs in the same master without mixing them?
Edit;
Mixing is not the correct word in this case  because they are not mixing.
I can hear TG 1 while I am on TG 2 but also I can see its coming from TG1.
What I am asking, is it possible to prevent this?

In example ;
lets say we have 2 MMDVM devices connected to HBlink3 and  we have  2 TG( TG1 and TG2).
When some talk at TG1 on MMDVM1 and  on the other side  another person listens on TG2 on MMDVM2.

I know that HBlink3 master system works like repeater  and has the same principal limitations but is this  possible.
And sorry if it should be work like that and I am a idiot couldnt make it work or this has been mantioned and not a target of  HBlink3 I am sorry for wasting your time.
Okay, so a careful reading of this raises some follow-up questions:

  • How are the subscriber radios configured? Do they have "promiscuous mode" (aka "digital monitor" or "digimoni" or "digimon" mode depending on radio) enabled for one or both time slots? The reason I ask is the statement: "I can hear TG 1 while I am on TG 2 but also I can see its coming from TG1."
  • It is important to understand that if your subscriber radios are configured to listen to every inbound TG (whether that's because of previously set "promiscuous mode" or because the OVCM -- Open Voice Channel Mode -- is enabled for the talk group and also on the subscriber radios).
  • In both of these cases, the subscriber radio configuration -- not the repeater/hblink configuration -- matters in terms of radio behavior.

Please clarify this for the thread. Thanks.

--

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 03:00 PM, Jeff wrote:
I too am curious on this but am under how to configure it all.
Basically I want a group of say 5 hotspots a mixture of simplex and duplex
I want TG1 , TG2 and TG3 but I dont want them hearing each other.

Any suggestions on how to write the rules or configuration

Thanks
Jeff
The same (or at least similar) question applies here: how are the subscriber radios configured?

Also, what hotspots do you want to serve which talk groups? Specificity matters here, especially if you're using duplex hotspots and you might want a talk group to be present on a specific time slot (as opposed to the simplex hotspots, which only have one time slot).

--R

--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

Jeff

Ok Im not sure if this will help anyone but as far as I can tell I got mine to work like I wanted.

on hblink config create a main with a different name, and port for each desired channel eg below this is for a mmdvm simplex hotspot(will probably work on duplex as well)
[MASTER-A]
MODE: MASTER
ENABLED: True
REPEAT: True
MAX_PEERS: 10000000
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP: your server ip/domain
PORT: a different port for each master
PASSPHRASE: your password
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5
USE_ACL: True
REG_ACL: DENY:1
SUB_ACL: DENY:1
TGID_TS1_ACL: PERMIT:ALL
TGID_TS2_ACL: PERMIT:2  (your talkgroup number for each master only 1 TG per master)
in rules.py
           'WWA':
            {'SYSTEM': 'MASTER-A',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 2, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 45, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},
        ],
           'WWB':
            {'SYSTEM': 'MASTER-B',    'TS': 2, 'TGID': 3, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 45, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE',  'ON': [], 'OFF': [], 'RESET': []},
        ],
Where WWA is use a unique name for each MASTER, and be sure to change your system name in each line to match the masters in the config. Leave it TS 2 and put the TG of the master

then in the pystar create the file ip4.fw in /root
place these two lines for each masters port you chose(change dport)
     iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 11111 -j ACCEPT
     iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p udp --dport 11111 -j DSCP --set-dscp 1

then issue the command "sudo pistar-firewall" to update the firewall and reboot

In pistar configuration page choose dmr gateway as your master and setup your brandmeister config and enable.
never adjust via the configuration page after that as it will always disable [DMR NETWORK 3]
Instead complete via the expert full DMR GW page
for each network for example [DMR NETWORK 3] (I believe you can have 3 4 5 and 6 but I only have 3 4 and 5)
     [DMR Network 3]
       Enabled=1
       Name=MASTER-A (I chose to match my hblink master name you pick what  you want)
       Address=your hblink domain or ip
       Port= your port (1 for each DMR NETWORK that matches each HBLINK MASTER)
       TGRewrite=2,1,2,1,1 (this is TS,TG,TS,TG,1) so leave TS the same 2 and change the first two ones leave the last 1 alone eg TG 2 would be 2,2,2,2,1 or 3 would be 2,3,2,3,1
       Password="your password"
       Location=0
       Debug=1
       TGRewrite0=2,1,2,1,1 (this is TS,TG,TS,TG,1) so leave TS the same 2 and change the first two ones leave the last 1 alone eg TG 2 would be 2,2,2,2,1 or 3 would be 2,3,2,3,1
       Id=100000001 (on this you can use a unique id (if its private and no connection to brandmeister) or your brandmeister id. make sure to add a 2 digit number at the end for example this is is 1000000+01

Hope it helps get you where you want.

Jeff

Also i have found for some reason 2 radios connected to the same hotspot hear each others traffic no matter the TG but only the one using the correct TG can speak..

Doug - W4DBG

Think of HBLINK Masters as a “virtual repeater” as with any local repeater if someone is on it someone else on it “shares” the same traffic.

Hope that helps someone.

Doug
W4DBG

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 3:43 PM Jeff <nightsbird.mobile@...> wrote:
Also i have found for some reason 2 radios connected to the same hotspot hear each others traffic no matter the TG but only the one using the correct TG can speak..

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...

Jeff

Ok so in repeater terms

there is a repeater with a frequency of 441.5 and a ctcss of 67 ENC and DEC
radio one has both enc and dec set to 67 so it can talk and hear
radio two has dec set but not enc so it can only hear
Is that the jest of it?

Jeff

Doug - W4DBG

I think we are saying the same thing. I get so many emails. What is someone trying to do? :)

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 4:30 PM Jeff <nightsbird.mobile@...> wrote:
Ok so in repeater terms

there is a repeater with a frequency of 441.5 and a ctcss of 67 ENC and DEC
radio one has both enc and dec set to 67 so it can talk and hear
radio two has dec set but not enc so it can only hear
Is that the jest of it?

Jeff

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...

Jeff

The original poster wanted to run an hblink master with TG1 and TG2 but have them not talk to each other.
As best as I can figure that is an impossibility as all master traffic goes to all radios no matter the TG on one master.

My solution was to create multiple masters and so far it works how he wants

Doug - W4DBG

Yes. That’s exactly what you do. On my HBLink each user has a master. Their hotspot connects to their master. I route Talkgroups that each User wants via the rules.py file.

That’s how you do it. It’s completely customizable.