New DMR-AB to c-bridge install #hblink #dmrlink

Tom

I've been running a 5 year old DMR-AB with c-bridge access (so I know credentials are OK). It has a NWDR DV3000 Pi hat. My installation has much outdated code. I'm in the process of rebuilding it. I have ALS, AB, and MB now installed.

What do I need to install next?
Is there a repo for DMRlink, OpenBridge ?

Thanks,
Tom / K5TRA

Randy AA6RH

Hi Tom,

If you are connecting using DMRlink/IPSC_Bridge, you probably still have the most recent code. Not much has changed there. We are looking at doing a "summer of code" style project to update it to Python3, but that hasn't been finalized.

Repos have moved for the projects. You can find the "official" repos at https://github.com/HBLink-Org and includes HBLink3, dmr_utils3, and all of the legacy repos as well (including DMRlink and IPSC_Bridge).

--R
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

Tom

Randy,
What's the best path (in detail, please) to install the needed modules (beyond analog-bridge and mmdvm-bridge) to provide c-bridge access like my older configuration?

Also, what is the internal module port flow diagram?

Thanks very much,
Tom / K5TRA

Randy AA6RH

Can you share what configuration you were using previously? I would expect right now the only thing you need is a properly configured IPSC_Bridge that the c-Bridge would connect to. However, I haven't personally worked with c-Bridges, so I'm not going to be able to impart very much wisdom apart from that. The forum search here or in the main DVSwitch forum might actually be useful, or reach out to Steve N4IRS for specifics on making IPSC_Bridge work.

I'm here to poke at if you have more questions.

--R
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

Tom

Randy,
It was setup with direct help from Steve. This was in 2015, not long after he got the early bridge stuff going.

It was all manually built. Rather than running as systemd services, the modules are running as regular daemons:

opt/DMRGateway      --->   DMRGateway( DMRGateway.ini)
opt/dmrlink/bridge      --->   bridge.py
opt/dmrlink/ambe_audio  --->   ambe_audio.py

I was directed to this subgroup on Steve's suggestion.

Thanks,
Tom

Randy AA6RH

Well, if Steve sent you, you're clearly in the right place! :)

I will endeavor to help as best I'm able. I'm not Cort, but I'm a quick study, and (full disclosure) I'm looking at building a regional DMR network which includes Motorola repeaters, so I'm invested in figuring it out.

Let me start by understanding the problem a bit better. You're trying to bridge IPSC to homebrew DMR? IPSC to Analog, and then what does the Analog end connect to?

Thanks,

--R
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

Tom

Randy,
I was just looking at my old records. It was 2016 that the old installation was done.

The analog end is USRP to Allstarlink. Ports 32001 and 34001 are used in that communication with Analog_Bridge. Analog_Bridge communicates with MMDVM_Bridge through AMBE_Audio using ports 31103 and 31100.

Beyond that, it's unclear to me. That's the reason for my post. I believe I need to install DMRlink to get IPSC_Bridge. I don't see any mention of DMRGateway (that is in my old installation).  SO, my questions are:
1) which modules need to be installed?
2) what is the best procedure to do so?
3) which ports are used in the date flow?

Thanks,
Tom