Working on HBlink3<>HBlink<>IPSC_Bridge<> C-Bridge

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

Greetings,

I am trying to create the above path. I do have all the partners in place put unsure of config files.

First:

How to create the connection between HBlink3 and HBLink.  Can you use an OpenBridge connection?

HBlink3 is on one host and all the other partners are on another host…

If someone would like to help real-time on the Telegram channel that would help.

Steve K4KSA

Jon K1IMD

Hi Steve,
I have been running similar configurations for a few years.  You did not explain what your end goal is, but depending you may not need to use hblink3 at all.

To start you may be using the wrong python programs it should be something like this:
c-Bridge<->IPSC_Bridge<->HB_Bridge<->mmdvm (This passes everything the c-Bridge has configured for you as is)
or
c-Bridge<->IPSC_Bridge<->HB_Bridge<->hblink3<->mmdvm (This allows use of "rules" to route traffic)
The latter is quite a bit more complex to set up because you must use "rules" and hblink3 needs to "face" the Internet as a Master.  I found that creating a spreadsheet will all the "connections" actually ports straight.  It gets very confusing quickly!  IPSC_Bridge and HB_Bridge run under Python(2) and hblink under Python 3.

Good Luck!
73
Jon
K1IMD

On 5/15/2021 14:56, Steve Siesel [K4KSA] wrote:

Greetings,

I am trying to create the above path. I do have all the partners in place put unsure of config files.

First:

How to create the connection between HBlink3 and HBLink.  Can you use an OpenBridge connection?

HBlink3 is on one host and all the other partners are on another host…

If someone would like to help real-time on the Telegram channel that would help.

Steve K4KSA

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

Thanks Jon,

I had all the right software, it was just working the config files….

After posting this message, I dug into the project and I finally have it working. Had some twists and turns along the way but I have success!

Thanks!

Steve

K4KSA