IPSC Slow Audio Problem Revisit #hblink #support #dmrlink

Our primary use of HBlink is to bridge IPSC and HBP. We have 2 Motorola repeaters and a C-bridge connection. Also have a few hotspots and 2 open bridge connections. All of this is tied together with hblink3.

It all works pretty well except that the IPSC configuration is rather weird. The only way we could make it work is to set up an HBlink master for each time slot. of course this creates twice as many configuration files and rules.

It looks like this:
repeater1, timeslot1: IPSC repeater <-> IPSC_Bridge <-> HB_Bridge <-> HBlink3
repeater1, timeslot2: IPSC repeater <-> IPSC_Bridge <-> HB_Bridge <-> HBlink3
repeater2, timeslot1: IPSC repeater <-> IPSC_Bridge <-> HB_Bridge <-> HBlink3
repeater2, timeslot2: IPSC repeater <-> IPSC_Bridge <-> HB_Bridge <-> HBlink3

As you can see it's kind of ugly. http://dmr.wd6awp.us

We have tried to configure as below but when both timeslots talk the audio is slow and broken. This "is a symptom of two call streams being sent into the same TS at the same time", per Cort.

repeater1, timeslot1&2: IPSC repeater <-> IPSC_Bridge <-> HB_Bridge <-> HBlink3
repeater2, timeslot1&2: IPSC repeater <-> IPSC_Bridge <-> HB_Bridge <-> HBlink3

There has been discussion about this in the past including those from area51 and Cort. Could we revisit the issue and at least narrow exactly what is the problem? Is the problem HB_Bridge, HBlink3, or something about configuration I don't understand?

--
Tim WD6AWP