Connecting to two XLX reflectors #hblink

W8DSB

Can one connect to two different XLX reflectors?

This first one I have been connected to for many years but when I added a second one the system would not start up:

[XLX982b]
MODE: XLXPEER
ENABLED: True
LOOSE: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 54004
MASTER_IP: x.x.x.x
MASTER_PORT: 62030
PASSPHRASE: xxxxx
CALLSIGN: W8LRK
RADIO_ID: 3159806
RX_FREQ: 434300000
TX_FREQ: 434300000
TX_POWER: 1
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 2
LATITUDE: 42.592782
LONGITUDE: -083.86818
HEIGHT: 330
LOCATION: Howell, USA
SOFTWARE_ID: 20170620
PACKAGE_ID: MMDVM_HBlink
GROUP_HANGTIME: 1
XLXMODULE: 4002
USE_ACL: True
SUB_ACL: DENY:1
TGID_TS1_ACL: DENY:ALL
TGID_TS2_ACL: PERMIT:9,311887

When I added the second one I changed the name and Master IPaddress. I am not sure where the 54004 came from and I am not sure if I need to change it like I did in the MASTER INSTANCES.

Patrick Perdue

I've never attempted to link up to more than one XLX reflector with HBlink, but I'd think a better way to do that would be to use XLX Interlink between the two reflectors, unless you don't want to create a permanent link between two modules, E.G. an on-demand situation triggered by a talkgroup.

Regarding 54004, that's a local UDP port, and yes, you'd need to change that for other peers.

On 8/22/2022 6:10 PM, W8DSB wrote:

[...]

The issue with using interlink it seems to link the two DSTAR's together and the DMR is only one way because only one end has the AMBE chips....none of the YSF go back and forth. Unless I am doing something wrong that's what I get using that system.

My hope is I can link the two XLX together using HBLINK which is DMR which in turn should link all modes on DSTAR, DMR, YSF < == > DMR and YSF (Then disable DSTAR on this end in the cloud).

GB7NR Support

Hi, yes, you do. Make sure that this “local” port is unique to any other port on the local HBLink instance.

Ascend you ports like 54001 54002

Make peer ports +100 away from your master local ports like this

Master ports 54000-54099
Peer ports 54100-54199
XLX ports 54200-54299
OBP ports 62035-62135

Etc etc…

You can connect many XLX reflectors with HBLink as long as you make sure your ports are organised :)

Shane
M0VUB

On 22 Aug 2022, at 23:10, W8DSB <w8dsb@...> wrote:

[...]

You're probably best actually using XLX Interlink, not HBlink for that, though I think you'd still need AMBE encoders connected to all modules on both reflectors you want to have transcoding.

I don't really mess with DMR/YSF/DSTAR anymore in favor of Allstar, so I could be wrong about that. I've never done an interlink with transcoding hardware only on one of the two reflectors.

On 8/22/2022 6:18 PM, W8DSB wrote:

The issue with using interlink it seems to link the two DSTAR's together and the DMR is only one way because only one end has the AMBE chips....none of the YSF go back and forth. Unless I am doing something wrong that's what I get using that system.

My hope is I can link the two XLX together using HBLINK which is DMR which in turn should link all modes on DSTAR, DMR, YSF < == > DMR and YSF (Then disable DSTAR on this end in the cloud).

W8DSB

Thanks, changing the 54004 to 54005 was my issue. I have two XLX connected now.

GB7NR Support

Hi, it works well! One thing HBLink works well in is peers and XLX links! Proper homebrew MMDVM outbound connections! We have many connected without flaw or issue and transcoding does not matter if connecting via a DMR connection anyway :) Plus you have full control of the connection!

Example it works..

HBLink under a docker container running Bullseye (OBP Master)

Shane
M0VUB