Problem with Hytera repeater and HBlink3 server

patrick.vichot@...

Edited

Hello,
I would like to connect 2 Hytera RD985 repeater on my HBLINK3 server.
I installed and correctly configured "gw-hytera-mmdvm.cfg" and  "DMRGateway.ini" on Rpi3 and Rapsbian Jessie.
The system works but not fine because, very quickly, the voice of OM using the repeater is inaudible (like a Martians voice).
After QSO is end (1 or 2 minutes), voice is correct but later problem start again.

I tried to modify several parameters:
-On repeater
-On Rpi
-On server
 without any improvements

For test
-I have disabled IPv6
-I increased Ethernet buffers

Do you have an idea for help me ?
Thank you so much and 73's
Patrick F1FQN

EA5GVK Joaquin

Hi Patrick,
It's the same for me too.
I hope there is a developer who can make HYTERA repeaters fully integrate with the great SERVER HBLINK software.

Steve N4IRS

It will take someone with 2 Hytera repeaters. We don't have the equipment.

Steve N4IRS

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

I hope there is a developer who can make HYTERA repeaters fully integrate with the great SERVER HBLINK software.

EA5GVK Joaquin

I have a Hytera rd625 repeater, if I can help to connect it in remote control for you, or my friend Patrick who has two hytera repeaters, it would be great, that people collaborate, so that you could develop the native connection of HYTERA repeaters to the super software server DMR HBLINK

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Remote doesn’t work. We have to be able to manipulate them in real time and capture the packet stream.

On Feb 7, 2020, at 1:18 PM, EA5GVK Joaquin <ea5gvk@...> wrote:

I have a Hytera rd625 repeater, if I can help to connect it in remote control for you, or my friend Patrick who has two hytera repeaters, it would be great, that people collaborate, so that you could develop the native connection of HYTERA repeaters to the super software server DMR HBLINK

EA5GVK Joaquin

we could do among all the community a crowdfunding or someone, who was or lived near you Cort or Steve to leave him the HYTERA repeaters.
I am offering to donate money to buy some repeaters or rent some hytera repeaters so Cort could work on them.

patrick.vichot@...

Hi Joaquin
I solved my problem. I have connected 2 Hytera repeater on my Ipsc2 server (ipsc2-fr-link) and I linked it with my HBlink by MMDVM peer :)
73's Patrick F1FQN

Le ven. 7 févr. 2020 à 17:57, EA5GVK Joaquin <ea5gvk@...> a écrit :
Hi Patrick,
It's the same for me too.
I hope there is a developer who can make HYTERA repeaters fully integrate with the great SERVER HBLINK software.

EA5GVK Joaquin

Okay. I'm glad, but the best thing would be if the HBLINK SERVER could accept native HYTERA relay connections, it would be FANTASTIC. I proposed a crowdfunding to rent two HYTERA repeaters to a local distributor near Cort and Steve so they could develop the code to adapt to the HBLINK SERVER. I donated money for this purpose, taking advantage of Cort's willingness to volunteer his time and develop the code.

EA5GVK Joaquin

Good morning, Steve and Cort. I am offering to pay for the rental of two HYTERA repeaters so that you can do the necessary tests to be able to code and integrate the hytera repeaters natively into the HBLINK.
If anyone else wants to help pay the rent.
Steve and Cort, rent two Hytera repeaters from your local dealer and I pay by paypal. I'd be happy to.

Bob kc2cwt

I would all so help out on the payments .

Bob Schneider
Kc2cwt Carmel Ny
(914) 497-5502

Good morning, Steve and Cort. I am offering to pay for the rental of two HYTERA repeaters so that you can do the necessary tests to be able to code and integrate the hytera repeaters natively into the HBLINK.
If anyone else wants to help pay the rent.
Steve and Cort, rent two Hytera repeaters from your local dealer and I pay by paypal. I'd be happy to.

Steve N4IRS

Guys,
Thanks for the offer. I won't speak for Cort but I would not be comfortable with a rental. This is because a rental puts a artificial time constraint on Cort and me. For this to work, Cort and I would need to coordinate time to capture the data and after that test. All this with no guarantee of success. I am not saying we need the machines forever but we can not say how long this would take.
I will keep a eye out for a way to borrow a couple of machines and see what we can do.

Steve N4IRS

On 2/9/20 8:15 AM, Bob kc2cwt wrote:

I would all so help out on the payments .

Bob Schneider
Kc2cwt Carmel Ny
(914) 497-5502

Good morning, Steve and Cort. I am offering to pay for the rental of two HYTERA repeaters so that you can do the necessary tests to be able to code and integrate the hytera repeaters natively into the HBLINK.
If anyone else wants to help pay the rent.
Steve and Cort, rent two Hytera repeaters from your local dealer and I pay by paypal. I'd be happy to.

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Not to mention every time I implement a new feature, it has to be tested with at least one and often two repeaters. The initial work would take me 6 months to a year probably – rental for that amount of time would likely cost more than buying them. And I’m not retired and not self employed… It’s not like I can just take 2 straight weeks and do nothing but this :)

--
Cort Buffington
+1-785-865-7206

EA5GVK Joaquin

Thanks a lot, Bob. We have more people and Steve and Cort are encouraged to rent a Hytera repeater and we are happy to pay that rent to make the native connection of Hytera repeaters to the great HBLINK software a reality.

El dom., 9 feb. 2020 15:05, Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs=me.com@groups.io> escribió:
[...]

Another option. It would also be a colleague who lived near you would lend you Hytera repeaters to work on. And if you had to pay the colleague to lend you his Hytera repeaters at a reasonable price. I would also be willing to help by paying.

[...]

Steve really said this best. Renting and borrowing that way creates a lot of pressure and time constraints on getting things. done. I’ve already spent about as much time as I have per week to work on software just replying to these messages about Hytera again.

DMRlink got EOL’ed when I sold the last of my MOTOTRBO repeaters. Hytera support won’t start until I have a pair to work with and don’t have looming time constraints or requirements around when I have to get it done. Guys – this is my hobby. I know a bunch of you want Hytera support, but this is supposed to be what I do for fun. Incessant pressure to work on things makes me close all of the HBlink windows and take a month or two off. I will ask very politely to back off of the Hytera subject. Please let it be my hobby too – something I can do for enjoyment, and not something I’m pressured to produce.

The best idea I can give you is to find a pair of them with RF damage. I don’t care if the PA puts out 1/2 a watt or it takes 5uV to reach 12dB SINAD for development work. Now there’s a possible source for reasonably priced development repeaters. I wouldn’t feel bad about accepting repeaters that meet that description, and they should be available for pennies on the dollar if there are any out there.

On Feb 9, 2020, at 8:51 AM, EA5GVK Joaquin <ea5gvk@...> wrote:

[...]

Okay. Perfectly understood and reasonable. I still say you can count on me for the acquisition of those Hytera repeaters whenever possible. You can count on my willingness to help by paying.
Greetings and I don't want to make any pressure or commitment.

El dom., 9 feb. 2020 16:01, Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs=me.com@groups.io> escribió:
[...]

DO1KBL, Kim

Hey guys,

Maybe we can create a group on Telegramm messenger or other way speak about hytera on hblink.

I have a RD625 for testing

My idea is we try to make a DMRLink for hytera and bridge it to hblink.

One Programm exist du connect hytera with dmrgateway to hblink. But it is closed source

Best regards
Do1KBL

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 09.02.2020 um 16:11 schrieb EA5GVK Joaquin <ea5gvk@...>:

[...]

Sounds about right. I also have another rd625 repeater. Anything to help you can count on me.
If we were all any closer, I would have left my repeater to Cort by now.
I believe that with willingness and without burden we will one day be able to integrate our hytera repeaters, of which there are many, into the great HBLINK system, which makes us more free.

El lun., 10 feb. 2020 a las 1:05, Kim-Benjamin Lütkemeier via Groups.Io (<kbluetkemeier=yahoo.de@groups.io>) escribió:

[...]

Hello Friends, has there been any progress to integrate the Hytera Repeaters into the big HBLINK project?

I've been looking through github and found this, if it helps, that analyzes the communications of the hytera repeaters.

https://github.com/nonoo/dmrshark