Re: Cisco 1841

jacomms

https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/Quantar-Bridge/wiki

Good starting point, be sure you have the V.24 Card in the Quantar and a 60 Pin Serial Card in the Router. You will also need a  CIsco CAB-232FC Cable.

You will also need to make a DB25 to RJ45 adaptor as per the wiki https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/Quantar-Bridge/wiki/5817

I hope this helps, I am in the process of doing the same myself and have been guided VK2ERG

Justin Albury

J Albury Communications

justin@...

VK2JUZ

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This email, and any attachments are for the use of the intended

recipient(s) and may contain confidential/privileged information.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender

immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient,

you must not copy, disclose or distribute its contents to any other

person. We do not accept any liability in connection with transmitting,

unauthorised access to, or viruses in this email and its attachments.

This notice should not be removed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Quantar-Bridge@DVSwitch.groups.io <Quantar-Bridge@DVSwitch.groups.io> On Behalf Of Aaron Groover
Sent: Monday, 6 July 2020 2:40 PM
To: Quantar-Bridge@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: [Quantar-Bridge] Cisco 1841

Good Early morning folks! So I recently acquired a Motorola Quantar never used believe it or not. It was from my father. He recently passed last month 6/10 so he is SK. Our project was to get the repeater up and running the weekend he passed. So I took it upon myself to continue what he always wanted. W3NTT was his call. 

I started off in the digital world of radio and not much of analog. But i can program analog machines, alignment, and so forth. 

So with that being said I will be getting a 1841 given to me for linking purposes. I am not familiar with this forum. Didn't even know it existed to be honest. So I wanted to know what all can this router do or link to with the quantar. The repeater is up and running 2 days after he passed. 

Can someone give me some information please on what these can do with the repeater? That would be great. Again, thank you all in advance. 

--

Thank You,

Aaron Groover

(610) 379 6148

K3ALG@...

aaron@...

agroover@...

EPAMC_logo

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.

Join Quantar-Bridge@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.