Topics

CAB-SS-232MT instead of CAB-SS-232FC Cable

Paul WH6FM

Hey guys, I ordered the wrong cable and was wondering if I can just reverse TX/RX because it's DTE or is there something else going on with clocking and signaling of the cable that would prevent me from using it?

Thanks in advance!
Paul

Florian Wolters

Hi Paul,

switching RX/TX is only half of the solution. There are internal bridges of pins which tell the device whether it is DCE or DTE. See cisco's papers about the details. AFAIK there was a PDF describing these.

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Am 28. Juli 2020 10:09:39 MESZ schrieb WH6FM <paul@...>:

Hey guys, I ordered the wrong cable and was wondering if I can just reverse TX/RX because it's DTE or is there something else going on with clocking and signaling of the cable that would prevent me from using it?

Thanks in advance!
Paul

Paul WH6FM

Thanks Florian for the reply.  I'll go try to find that PDF.  In the meantime, I did order some DCE cables.

Regards,
Paul