Re: Recording your QSO's as an MP3 file

Joshua Nulton

My mistake Steve, feel free to remove the post.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 5:07 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Jae,
To be clear, this subgroup is intended for discussion of interfacing with AllStarlink, not general ASL support. Since you are already posting in the general ASL user list, that should be sufficient.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 7/8/19 3:56 AM, Joshua Nulton wrote:
I have put together a <15 minute tutorial on everything needed to record the QSO's on your Allstar node, move them to an internet accessible web folder and convert them from large .WAV files (the compression used is not all that bad really) into manageable .MP3 files that will play back simply through your browser.

YouTube link: https://youtu.be/SnOBoF85k0k

The process requires the installation of 4 packages.
  1. Apache2 (most likely have this installed already)
  2. rsync (very small, lightweight and reliable)
  3. ffmpeg to convert the audio
  4. lame encoder to convert to mp3 codec
Installation and configuration of everything is demonstrated in the YouTube tutorial video. If you don't want to type out the bash script it can be downloaded here:

The software mentioned above will still need installed as per video instructions. Quick overview is here:

sudo -s
apt update
apt-get install apache2
apt-get install rsync