Topics

Allstarlink manual install

Mike, AA9VI

What happened to the script that was on the github site that was available for the manual install of allstarlink on Debian?  I'm trying to to a manual install since I like the graphical interface of Stretch.  Last time when I installed it on Jessie, the script made it a cinch.  What is the process now?  I searched the archives, the new wiki, and How-to's but I only see an iso image.

Do I go here https://github.com/N4IRS/ASL-Asterisk
and compile from source now?

Mike

Steve N4IRS

On 6/28/2018 1:56 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
What happened to the script that was on the github site that was available for the manual install of allstarlink on Debian?  I'm trying to to a manual install since I like the graphical interface of Stretch.  Last time when I installed it on Jessie, the script made it a cinch.  What is the process now?  I searched the archives, the new wiki, and How-to's but I only see an iso image.

Do I go here https://github.com/N4IRS/ASL-Asterisk
and compile from source now?

Mike

Mike, AA9VI

thanks.  I installed it and I noticed that the default configuration files are not present in /etc/asterisk/ such as rpt.conf, modules.conf, etc. After the install and when logging in after the reboot I get the error "ASL config files not in /etc/asterisk directory ...Exiting."  There is nothing in /etc/asterisk except a custom directory with a blank readme in it.

I tried to issue the command
sudo touch /etc/asterisk/firsttime && sudo /usr/local/sbin/first-time
after the install instructions from Q4.  That did not solve the problem.

Do I need to apt-get install asterisk first?
I am using Stretch x64.

Steve N4IRS

You did the following?
cd /tmp
wget http://dvswitch.org/install-allstarlink-repository

chmod +x install-allstarlink-repository
./install-allstarlink-repository

If Raspbian: apt-get install raspberrypi-kernel-headers -y

Otherwise: apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r` -y

apt-get update
apt-get install allstarlink -y

On 6/28/2018 2:13 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
thanks.  I installed it and I noticed that the default configuration files are not present in /etc/asterisk/ such as rpt.conf, modules.conf, etc. After the install and when logging in after the reboot I get the error "ASL config files not in /etc/asterisk directory ...Exiting."  There is nothing in /etc/asterisk except a custom directory with a blank readme in it.

I tried to issue the command
sudo touch /etc/asterisk/firsttime && sudo /usr/local/sbin/first-time
after the install instructions from Q4.  That did not solve the problem.

Do I need to apt-get install asterisk first?
I am using Stretch x64.

Mike, AA9VI

yes

/etc/asterisk missing the files.

Steve N4IRS

What hardware? What ISO did you use to build your system?

On 6/28/2018 2:24 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
yes

/etc/asterisk missing the files.

Mike, AA9VI

I used the Stretch amd64 DVD #1 on the Debian site for the install.  This is on a 64 bit desktop.

Steve N4IRS

I tested it with the Stretch Netinstall. Any error messages during install?

On 6/28/2018 2:29 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
I used the Stretch amd64 DVD #1 on the Debian site for the install.  This is on a 64 bit desktop.

Mike, AA9VI

I found this in syslog if that is what you are looking for...

Jun 28 13:07:21 allstar systemd[1]: dev-dahdi-pseudo.device: Job dev-dahdi-pseudo.device/start timed out.
Jun 28 13:07:21 allstar systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device dev-dahdi-pseudo.device.
Jun 28 13:07:21 allstar systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Asterisk PBX and telephony daemon.
Jun 28 13:07:21 allstar systemd[1]: asterisk.service: Job asterisk.service/start failed with result 'dependency'.
Jun 28 13:07:21 allstar systemd[1]: dev-dahdi-pseudo.device: Job dev-dahdi-pseudo.device/start failed with result 'timeout'.
Jun 28 13:07:21 allstar systemd[1]: Reached target Multi-User System.
Jun 28 13:07:21 allstar systemd[1]: Reached target Graphical Interface.
Jun 28 13:07:21 allstar systemd[1]: Starting Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes...

If not, where should I look?
The error message I quoted above in #138.

Steve N4IRS

When you ran the instructions form the wiki did you get any errors?

On 6/28/2018 2:42 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

after issuing

cd /tmp
wget http://dvswitch.org/install-allstarlink-repository
chmod +x install-allstarlink-repository
./install-allstarlink-repository
apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r` -y
apt-get update
apt-get install allstarlink -y

no errors.

Steve N4IRS

Well, I know of no reason for the asterisk directory to be empty. The syslog you posted tells me there is a problem with DAHDI.

On 6/28/2018 2:53 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
after issuing

cd /tmp
wget http://dvswitch.org/install-allstarlink-repository
chmod +x install-allstarlink-repository
./install-allstarlink-repository
apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r` -y
apt-get update
apt-get install allstarlink -y

no errors.

Mike, AA9VI

Should I install dahdi and asterisk manually before allstarlink?

Steve N4IRS

No, it will not work.

On 6/28/2018 2:59 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
Should I install dahdi and asterisk manually before allstarlink?

Mike, AA9VI

how do I get rid of this after logging in?
sudo: /usr/local/sbin/asl-menu: command not found

I removed allstarlink and I keep getting a second prompt to log in.

Linux allstar 4.9.0-6-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.88-1+deb9u1 (2018-05-07) x86_64

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Thu Jun 28 14:03:23 2018 from 10.1.1.24
[sudo] password for sysop:
sudo: /usr/local/sbin/asl-menu: command not found

BTW, When I had allstarlink installed I had this error:
ASL config files not in /etc/asterisk directory ...Exiting

So, there is some script after logging in that tries to start even after removing and purging allstarlink.  Where is it?

Steve N4IRS

Take a look at the bottom of .bashrc in your home directory

On 6/28/2018 3:20 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

well, steve, somehow that seems to have fixed the corrupt install.  I installed from a local terminal instead of ssh after cleaning up .bashrc and I see the files.  Strange. Thanks for your help.

Mike, AA9VI

I see rpt.conf and simpelusb.conf are both missing but I assume we add those in manually now.  Is that right?

Mike, AA9VI

Here are the files that installed in /etc/asterisk:

sysop@allstar:/etc/asterisk$ ls
amd.conf       chan_dahdi.conf  dnsmgr.conf  extensions.conf  iax.conf          logger.conf   modules.conf   sip.conf
asterisk.conf  custom           dundi.conf   features.conf    indications.conf  manager.conf  res_snmp.conf

Steve N4IRS

No, nothing should be missing. It will not matter if you install via ssh or from the console. Make sure you installed as root or sudo -s
If the install goes properly it should just run as node 1999.