Topics

Adding second DMR bridge

Joshua Nulton

Does anyone know if there is an existing article, post, tutorial or video explaining how to add a second DMR bridge/node on the same host? Would I need to create another stanza for say a USRP2? What files might need modified or duplicated?

Steve KC1AWV

Are you trying to link two talkgroups on the same ASL node at the same time?

You'll need to create separate .ini files for each link. You will also have to pay attention to port usage, since you're going to be routing calls on the same mode through one system.

Yes, it can be done. The docs that are available are usually for going from one mode to another. If you're trying to link two talkgroups, that's kinda defeating the purpose of having them?

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

Joshua Nulton

Yes, two talkgroups on the same node. But not crosslinked to any other node, no RF, no analog - just digital only, and not re-broadcasting.

I appreciate the tips Steve, I will start looking in that direction.

I could offer several variants of how this could be appealing. I could say I want to archive the audio from 2 interesting tech nets that are on the same schedule for use in a podcast or to simply listen to the net that I didn't have time to make it to. I could say that it is being used on a private hub for a taxi company that dispatchers need to hit the rewind button on. Or I could say that I am hard of hearing and prefer to run the audio through a transcription service to still enjoy radio. Not at all being a smart&*^... just offering a few scenarios that the concept could be useful in. BM gave us hoseline when they first started, then cut it down to almost nothing active on very few talkgroups and never offered us any alternatives. If it could be done, why was it taken away? Why was it never explained?

I am not here to bash them nor anyone else. I just wanna try to replicate what they had done for my private talkgroups. Foremost, I just want to experiment and try doing it to see how it is done, this is the entire reason I got into radio, for the playing. Thanks again for the reply Steve. :)