Topics

Allstar to DMR Repeater Cluster

Roland Brown II

I am running an Allstar Node with DVSwitch, Analog Bridge, MMDVM Bridge and MD380 EMU.  I am trying to connect that bridge to a DMR TG for our repeater Cluster, then have the bridge connect to other Allstar nodes.  When it is just the Bridge and DMR Cluster everything works great.  However when I add in say the Alaska Morning Net by having the Bridge connect to it via Allstar, after awhile the Bridge is blocked by Brandmiester.  So everyone on the net hears BLOCKED after each transmission.  I know this is the loop detection at Brandmeister that is causing the block.  I have tried increasing the "minTxTimeMS" in Analog_Bridge.ini from 2000 to 3000.  It worked fine Saturday but then happened again Monday.  I know I have to be overlooking something simple, anyone have any other ideas?

Roland Brown II

Still looking for help with this if anyone has any advice or can point me to some documentation.  As I pointed out the traffic flow is working, sound is being carried both ways.  The issue is after a while the connection of the DVswitch to Brandmeister is getting "Blocked".  All help is appreciated.

Mike KB8JNM

Well,

I don't know what you are referring to when you say 'CLUSTER'

If you speaking about a individual connection from DVS to DMR/Brandmeister

Set in Aanalog Brindge

minTxTimeMS = 2100 or higher

But if there is some cluster config, I am unaware of and this is probably wrong.

On 5/29/2019 2:19 PM, Roland Brown II wrote:
Still looking for help with this if anyone has any advice or can point me to some documentation.  As I pointed out the traffic flow is working, sound is being carried both ways.  The issue is after a while the connection of the DVswitch to Brandmeister is getting "Blocked".  All help is appreciated.

Roland Brown II

Thanks for the reply

When I say cluster I just mean we have our two DMR repeaters linked together via a cluster in Brandmiester.  We can transmit of TG 2 and it keys up all repeaters in the cluster.  Really has nothing to do with DVswitch.

I have already set that setting to 2500 and we are still getting blocked on the DVswitch Allstar node.  Now it is not all the time just intermittent.
--
Roland D. Brown II
KY4RDB

606 487 2999  (Work)
606 335 3928  (Cell)
606 775 0006  (Home)
roland@...

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Mike KB8JNM

I don't know how to help you past that point but to tell you to tail the log files and watch asterisk live (foreground)

and look at network congestion inside your NAT and/or interference if on wifi.

Broken/delayed packets can create these problems as well as a USB device on a Pi.

On 5/30/2019 11:49 AM, Roland Brown II wrote:
[...]

TG9AOR

If you only want to listen in on the net over on DMR, link it as an RX Only channel (rpt cmd your-allstar-node ilink 2 29332) and so you will listen to all of the net but not inject anything back to it. Of course the private nodes will have to be on transcieve and not RX Only for this to work.

Analog kerchunks and the loop detector tend to clash often when linked as a transcieve channel. Hope this helps.

Enjoy listening on DMR. 73
--
Jose Roberto Ruiz Garcia Salas TG9AOR

TG9AOR

I forgot to mention, you may also create an HBLink server and point your analog bridges to it instead of BrandMeister, just would have to have your clients connect to the HBLink server and not BrandMeister.
--
Jose Roberto Ruiz Garcia Salas TG9AOR