Topics

ASL to YSF C4FM not working in all radios.

Miguel EA8AJC

Good evening,
I've setup an ASL(Echolink) to YSF node and it is working fine except for a very strange issue with the Analog_Bridge software from analog to digital C4FM.
It works fine in DN and VW C4FM in all Yaesu rigs except in FTM-100 and FTM-400.
The Analog Bridge transmit the N4IRR callsing to all the radios connected to the reflector but in the dashboard you can read the correct callsign from the ASL.
Despite this, the radios can receive the audio without any problem, excep the FTM-100 and FTM-400 which stop receiving the audio after 1 second.
In DMR works fine except when connecting to XLX who also don´t transmit any stream from the analog_bridge.
My question, is this a bug in the Analog_Bridge software? Can I solve it?

Any answer is welcome.
Best regards.
73's de Miguel EA8AJC.

Steve N4IRS

Miguel,

What hardware are you running the bridge on? What is the result of uname -a

We may have a solution for the C4FM issue.

73, Steve N4IRS

--
szingman@...

Miguel EA8AJC

Hi Steve, thanks for answering,

The hardware I use it's a Raspberry Pi 3 and the software downloaded directly from the dvswitch and allstarlink repository.
The uname result is:
Linux raspberrypi 4.14.98-v7+ #1200 SMP Tue Feb 12 20:27:48 GMT 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

The asl is running only with the echolink.
And then through the URSP to analog_bridge and mmdvm_bridge.
The analoge_bridge tested with software emulator MD380-EMU and with AMBE stick attached direclty into USB port. (works fantastic)
AMBEserver is not working at all in any mode DMR, YSF etc. it become very slowly, even from local raspberry where asl and bridge is,or running asl and bridge from a server in the cloud. (any tips about?)
I have tested with DMR into BradnMesiter and DMR+, working fine, except in XLX DMR that ony works in one direction, from digital to analogic but not viceversa.
In YSF has been tested in YSFN and YSFW, working on FT-70D, FT-2D and FTM-7250, but not working in FMT-100 and FTM-400.
Observing the FTM-100, (he analog_bridge is on YSFN) it start transmitting in VW and after 1 second aprox. turno to DN but cannot decode the stream, like it receiving in another digital mode.
Obersving the radio where it works (like FTM-7250) it start in VW and then turn to DN and I can hear the transmision perfecly, but on the display it says that N4IRR is on air. If you look to the YSF reflector dashboard, the callsign is from the station is transmitting to.
Many test, configuration and many reads on the fórum and docs, but I cannot understand why this is happening.

Many thanks for your time and interest.

73's de Miguel.

Steve N4IRS

On 5/4/2019 6:56 PM, Miguel EA8AJC wrote:
[...]

Great, that is working now perfectly on the FTM-100 and FTM-400. The only thing still is not working is the conection to an AMBEserver; the sound become slowly, even if the AMBEserver is in the same machine.

Best regards and many thanks for your effort.
73's de Miguel EA8AJC.