Topics

DMR to callsign metadata

bill richardson

I noticed my DSTAR bridge was not working (no changes on my end). I see that the DMR number is showing up in the metadata field and not the callsign in the MMDVM logs. I see that the file that provides that data in empty. "/var/lib/dvswitch/subscriber_ids.csv". What do I need to do to get this populated with data? Or am I looking at the wrong file. This is the location that is pointed at in the Analog_Bridge.ini for Metadata management.

Thanks for the help..

Bill NG1P

bill richardson

I see that /var/lib/mmdvm/ has a file called DMRIds.dat that is up-to-date. Can I just point at that or does the format need to be in CSV? I'm assuming a process must run to create the "/var/lib/dvswitch/subscriber_ids.csv" and is just not working?

Thanks Bill NG1P

Steve KC1AWV

Bill,

The metadata that MMDVM_Bridge uses can be pulled from /var/lib/mmdvm/DMRIds.dat - currently in operation here as well.

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

bill richardson

Thank you.. so in your Analog_Bridge.ini your pointing at that .dat file?

On Apr 8, 2019, at 1:57 PM, Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:

Bill,

The metadata that MMDVM_Bridge uses can be pulled from /var/lib/mmdvm/DMRIds.dat - currently in operation here as well.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 1:49 PM bill richardson <ng1p.bill@...> wrote:
I see that /var/lib/mmdvm/ has a file called DMRIds.dat that is up-to-date. Can I just point at that or does the format need to be in CSV? I'm assuming a process must run to create the "/var/lib/dvswitch/subscriber_ids.csv" and is just not working?

Thanks Bill NG1P

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

Steve KC1AWV

Yes! I apologize, I should have specified that the path to that file goes into Analog_Bridge.ini.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:00 PM bill richardson <ng1p.bill@...> wrote:
Thank you.. so in your Analog_Bridge.ini your pointing at that .dat file?

On Apr 8, 2019, at 1:57 PM, Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:

Bill,

The metadata that MMDVM_Bridge uses can be pulled from /var/lib/mmdvm/DMRIds.dat - currently in operation here as well.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 1:49 PM bill richardson <ng1p.bill@...> wrote:
I see that /var/lib/mmdvm/ has a file called DMRIds.dat that is up-to-date. Can I just point at that or does the format need to be in CSV? I'm assuming a process must run to create the "/var/lib/dvswitch/subscriber_ids.csv" and is just not working?

Thanks Bill NG1P

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Ummm, looking at the parser in AB, I see that it wants CSV files not space delimited files (like MB/MMDVM uses).

Steve KC1AWV

Mike,
My DMRIDs.dat looks like this:

302911,RADIOID,RadioID.net
1023001,VE3THW,Wayne
1023002,VA3ECM,Mathieu
1023003,VE3QC,Guy

Works in AB for me, and MMDVM takes the metadata just fine.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:58 PM Mike Zingman - N4IRR <mike.zingman@...> wrote:
Ummm, looking at the parser in AB, I see that it wants CSV files not space delimited files (like MB/MMDVM uses).

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

bill richardson

Hhhmm my .dat file has spaces no commas. I wonder why the difference?

On Apr 8, 2019, at 3:08 PM, Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:

Mike,
My DMRIDs.dat looks like this:

302911,RADIOID,RadioID.net
1023001,VE3THW,Wayne
1023002,VA3ECM,Mathieu
1023003,VE3QC,Guy

Works in AB for me, and MMDVM takes the metadata just fine.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:58 PM Mike Zingman - N4IRR <mike.zingman@...> wrote:
Ummm, looking at the parser in AB, I see that it wants CSV files not space delimited files (like MB/MMDVM uses).

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

Steve KC1AWV

You might have an older DMRIds.dat file? Is the timestamp on the file something recent? Did you use the DVSwitch-System-Builder script to install the AB and MB programs?

I use the DVSwitch-System-Builder script to install the components for AB and MB. I recently merged a pull request into that repository that changes the cron job that pulls the DMR ID information from RadioID.net and saves it as a CSV.

The folks at RadioID.net no longer provide DMR ID dumps in a CSV format. Now, it's done via an API which outputs the information as JSON data. The changes I made to the cron job pull the DMR ID from the API, parses the JSON data and then formats it back into a CSV that can be read by AB.

To replicate what I did on a Debian system, you will have to install jq for parsing the JSON data. A simple apt-get install jq will work. Then, run this command all on one line

curl -s -N "https://www.radioid.net/api/dmr/user/?id=%" | jq -r '.results[] | [.id, .callsign, .fname] | @csv' | sed -e 's/"//g' > DMRIds.dat

and you will get a new file called DMRIds.dat in your current directory. The format will be the same as what I have locally.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 3:52 PM bill richardson <ng1p.bill@...> wrote:
Hhhmm my .dat file has spaces no commas. I wonder why the difference?

On Apr 8, 2019, at 3:08 PM, Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:

Mike,
My DMRIDs.dat looks like this:

302911,RADIOID,RadioID.net
1023001,VE3THW,Wayne
1023002,VA3ECM,Mathieu
1023003,VE3QC,Guy

Works in AB for me, and MMDVM takes the metadata just fine.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:58 PM Mike Zingman - N4IRR <mike.zingman@...> wrote:
Ummm, looking at the parser in AB, I see that it wants CSV files not space delimited files (like MB/MMDVM uses).

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

bill richardson

Thanks that fix things as the metadata is showing callsigns now

Thank you Steve!