Topics

How can i deny all of the -L and -R callsign echolink.conf?

andrew delgado

Good day!

Is there a configuration to deny all of the XXXXX-L and XXXXXX-R callsign to the echolink.conf module?

Thanks! 73!
de DV1ZEJ - Andrew

Jason Turning

There is a deny line at the bottom of the echolink.conf that does take a *, e.g. "N6WBL*", but not sure if you can use * first. Seems that would require an experiment.

Jason - N6WBL

Steve N4IRS

Andrew,
Try this at the bottom of the file:

; this will block all -r call signs
deny = -r

;
this will block all -l call signs
deny = -l

It may require uppercase.

Hope this helps,
73, Steve N4IRS

On 3/21/19 5:39 AM, andrew delgado via Groups.Io wrote:
Good day!

Is there a configuration to deny all of the XXXXX-L and XXXXXX-R callsign to the echolink.conf module?

Thanks! 73!
de DV1ZEJ - Andrew

andrew delgado

Hi Steve,

thanks for this info , did tried this and -L and -R but no luck it didn't work,still connect even after restarting the asterisk application.

73!
DV1ZEJ - Andrew

Steve N4IRS

Andrew,
I don't have a -L or -R node to test but try:
deny = *-R
deny = *-L

from the config file, you can test this:
deny = *-*

Steve

On 3/22/19 12:58 AM, andrew delgado via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Steve,

thanks for this info , did tried this and -L and -R but no luck it didn't work,still connect even after restarting the asterisk application.

73!
DV1ZEJ - Andrew

Mike KB8JNM

*-L
*-R

...mike/kb8jnm

On 3/22/2019 12:58 AM, andrew delgado via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Steve,
thanks for this info , did tried this and -L and -R but no luck it didn't work,still connect even after restarting the asterisk application.
73!
DV1ZEJ - Andrew

andrew delgado

Thanks Steve and Mike!

this *-* WORKS!
*-L and *-R doesn't work.

73!
DV1ZEJ - Andrew

TG9AOR

Hello Friend. This is my working echolink.conf filter for node 48455. Excerpt pasted below

; To deny w6xxx you would add the statement: deny = w6xxx
; To prohibit computer-based connections you would write: permit = *-*
; To allow access to only a select group of callsigns: permit = w6abc,w6def,...
permit = *-L                                ; comma delimited list of callsign, type (-r)
; deny

Hope it helps.
--
Jose Roberto Ruiz Garcia Salas TG9AOR

Mike KB8JNM

Andrew, I can only ask if you are putting any spaces in the string
*-L *-R
But you should also try *-L* and *-R*

But the *dash* should be enough.
just mentioning it is someone stumbles on this later and wants one or the other.

...mike/kb8jnm

On 3/22/2019 12:53 PM, andrew delgado via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks Steve and Mike!
this *-* WORKS!
*-L and *-R doesn't work.
73!