Topics

Low Mic Audio From Android Phone

Rob K7TGU

Is there a feature to boost the microphone audio from the phone? Both the transmit and receive levels are at the max. The receive level is acceptable, however, the transmit is not. I've insured the phone mic port is clear along with disabling the noise reduction (Samsung Galaxy S5) and no complaints of low audio with normal phone usage.

Rob

Steve N4IRS

Rob,
Please verify that "Voice Call" is NOT selected in the config tab.

Steve N4IRS

On 5/21/2019 5:42 PM, Rob K7TGU wrote:
Is there a feature to boost the microphone audio from the phone? Both the transmit and receive levels are at the max. The receive level is acceptable, however, the transmit is not. I've insured the phone mic port is clear along with disabling the noise reduction (Samsung Galaxy S5) and no complaints of low audio with normal phone usage.

Rob

Rob K7TGU

Steve,

Voice Call is not selected.

Rob K7TGU

Please verify that "Voice Call" is NOT selected in the config tab.

Steve N4IRS

On 5/21/2019 5:42 PM, Rob K7TGU wrote:
Is there a feature to boost the microphone audio from the phone? Both the transmit and receive levels are at the max. The receive level is acceptable, however, the transmit is not. I've insured the phone mic port is clear along with disabling the noise reduction (Samsung Galaxy S5) and no complaints of low audio with normal phone usage.

Rob

Steve N4IRS

OK,
Try reducing the TX audio, save increase TX audio save. Retest.

On 5/22/2019 10:02 AM, Rob K7TGU wrote:
Steve,

Voice Call is not selected.

Rob K7TGU
Please verify that "Voice Call" is NOT selected in the config tab.

Steve N4IRS

On 5/21/2019 5:42 PM, Rob K7TGU wrote:
Is there a feature to boost the microphone audio from the phone? Both the transmit and receive levels are at the max. The receive level is acceptable, however, the transmit is not. I've insured the phone mic port is clear along with disabling the noise reduction (Samsung Galaxy S5) and no complaints of low audio with normal phone usage.

Rob

Rob K7TGU

Tried several settings. The transmit audio is gradually reduced as the control is moved to the left.

Please verify that "Voice Call" is NOT selected in the config tab.

Steve N4IRS

On 5/21/2019 5:42 PM, Rob K7TGU wrote:
Is there a feature to boost the microphone audio from the phone? Both the transmit and receive levels are at the max. The receive level is acceptable, however, the transmit is not. I've insured the phone mic port is clear along with disabling the noise reduction (Samsung Galaxy S5) and no complaints of low audio with normal phone usage.

Rob

Steve N4IRS

And then when you moved to the right?

Tried several settings. The transmit audio is gradually reduced as the control is moved to the left.

Please verify that "Voice Call" is NOT selected in the config tab.

Steve N4IRS

On 5/21/2019 5:42 PM, Rob K7TGU wrote:
Is there a feature to boost the microphone audio from the phone? Both the transmit and receive levels are at the max. The receive level is acceptable, however, the transmit is not. I've insured the phone mic port is clear along with disabling the noise reduction (Samsung Galaxy S5) and no complaints of low audio with normal phone usage.

Rob

Rob K7TGU

As I did moving it to the left, tried several settings moving it to the right. The audio level gradually increases, however, not to a satisfactory level.

Tried several settings. The transmit audio is gradually reduced as the control is moved to the left.

Please verify that "Voice Call" is NOT selected in the config tab.

Steve N4IRS

On 5/21/2019 5:42 PM, Rob K7TGU wrote:
Is there a feature to boost the microphone audio from the phone? Both the transmit and receive levels are at the max. The receive level is acceptable, however, the transmit is not. I've insured the phone mic port is clear along with disabling the noise reduction (Samsung Galaxy S5) and no complaints of low audio with normal phone usage.

Rob

Steve N4IRS

Rob,
Just to confirm, you are connecting to a AllStar node?

As I did moving it to the left, tried several settings moving it to the right. The audio level gradually increases, however, not to a satisfactory level.
Tried several settings. The transmit audio is gradually reduced as the control is moved to the left.

Please verify that "Voice Call" is NOT selected in the config tab.

Steve N4IRS

On 5/21/2019 5:42 PM, Rob K7TGU wrote:
Is there a feature to boost the microphone audio from the phone? Both the transmit and receive levels are at the max. The receive level is acceptable, however, the transmit is not. I've insured the phone mic port is clear along with disabling the noise reduction (Samsung Galaxy S5) and no complaints of low audio with normal phone usage.

Rob

Rob K7TGU

Yes ... connecting to 49232.