Re: P25 North America reflector

Steve N4IRS

If the reflector were changing the timing, a instance of MMDVMHost running on the same machine as the reflector would see the errors. So far, it does not. We agree, the receiving station needs to do a better job of assembling the superframe and if it does not receive all records needed it needs to insert "dummy" records. Mike is still looking at digging deeper before we tackle a possible method. There is the quick way, then there is a correct way.

Thanks for all the help to get to this point.

Steve N4IRS

On 9/19/21 12:59 PM, Miguel wrote:

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 12:29 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:

The problem is what MMDVMHost does when this happens

Agree. The attention paid to using p25 with hotspots and UDP based comms likely has been minimal compared to dmr and ysf over the years... for obvious reasons. With the recent sale of EFJs and the momentum/attention it has generated (ie. tipping point...) it is now getting some attention... (you guys, others, etc...) Thanks for doing this...

BTW, that same transmission you got errors came in ok on this end... another data point that the issue is on the receiving end... I very much doubt this has to do with the reflector software UNLESS it itself changes the timing of delivery of packets (due to being busy? too many stations?) but that timing can be changed by many other factors so in the end the receiving end has to be more resilient....

Hotspot A (stock sw on pizero)

M: 2021-09-19 15:27:00.362 P25, received network transmission from KB0AJQ to TG 10200
M: 2021-09-19 15:27:08.647 P25, network end of transmission from KB0AJQ to TG 10200, 8.6 seconds, 0% packet loss

Hotspot B (instrumented on pi3b+)

M: 2021-09-19 15:27:00.358 P25, received network transmission from KB0AJQ to TG 10200
M: 2021-09-19 15:27:08.643 P25, network end of transmission from KB0AJQ to TG 10200, 8.6 seconds, 0% packet loss