Re: Pi W2

Mike KB8JNM

LOL... choices choices

I think if you can free up even 50k, you sill see results. Perhaps not enough ?

I don't know what the headroom of AR is.

Perhaps there is someone out there that has done this on a 02w ?

I'm only interested in running asl on it portable. I think that is tight enough.

On 1/24/2022 3:02 PM, Chris Viningre wrote:
Can't turn AR off. I need it for the links.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 12:46 PM Chris Viningre via groups.io <chris=ws5b.com@groups.io> wrote:
That's a good point. All I have in the background is AR and I only need it to change reflectors. I'll try it. Thanks

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 12:40 PM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

Just guessing about the issue but I doubt overclocking will help. But it might overcome the actual problem?

Pi zero w2 has nearly as much cpu power as a Pi3, but lacks the memory.

My suggestion would be to eliminate as many background processes as you can.

On 1/24/2022 2:35 PM, Chris Viningre wrote:
I'm experimenting with a Pi W2 running it on hamvoip and bridging it to DSTAR with DVSwitch. The bridging is working well but the ASL has packet loss. I'm thinking of overclocking if it's possible. Open for anyone else's thoughts.