two transceiver hotspot

Joseph Stephen

Hi all,

I currently have a G7RPG Microhub AllStar node with DVSwitch.

I am wondering if it is possible to add an MMDVM hat to my existing allstar setup so that I can use a digital radio on one freq for DMR, and the same radio in analog mode on a different freq for allstar rather than going through DVSwitch? It seems like it should be possible. Obviously one could buy another hot spot but I really like the idea of a single hotspot being able to do both analog and digital even if you have to change frequencies.

Obviously this would mean that the pi 3b has both an analog tranceiver radio and the MMDVM digital modem. It would also probably mean that the frequencies would need to be a certain distance apart. Have you tried something like this and is it even possible?

Joe

VK7JS