Re: What if you could build a AllStar bridge without having to build a AllStar node?

Patrick Perdue

Yeah, I meant "does it matter" in context that currently only ULAW is supported, so there is no codec priority.

I have come across some nodes in the wild that only negotiate using G726-AAL2 for some reason. Don't know how prevalent this is over all, though.

On 5/15/2022 7:07 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
As of today, only ulaw. We are looking at other codec support. I'm not sure I understand the "does it matter" Does it matter if it supports other codecs?

On 5/15/22 02:55, Patrick Perdue wrote:

What is the codec priority here? Does it support anything other than ulaw, I.E. SLIN or G726-AAL2? In other words, does it matter?

On 5/14/2022 4:21 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
; IAX_Bridge configuration file.
;   This file should be placed in either /etc or it can be
;   supplied as a path on the IAX_Bridge command line.

[IAX]                                                            ; IAX Bridge configuration section
call                         = N0CALL                                  ; Node callsign (exported with metadata)
node                      = 123456                                  ; This nodes number
regServerAddress = register.allstarlink.org   ; URL of the registration server or empty if not wanted
password               = 101010                              ; ASL node password
startNode               = 0                                         ; Initial node number to tune to 
usrpAddress          = 127.0.0.1                          ; Address of the USRP listener (typically AB or AR)
rXPort                    = 32001                                    ; Port to listen on (import)
tXPort                     = 34001                                    ; Port to send USRP frames to (export)
iaxPort                    = 4569                      ; port number to listen for IAX connects
statsEnabled           = 1                         ; Report stats to AllstarLink.org
keyQueryEnabled    = 1                         ; Issue key query (K?) requests to see who is transmitting
timeoutSeconds       = 180                       ; Transmission timeout (both directions)
logLevel                    = 3                         ; IAXB log level (1=debug, 5=Errors only)
displayLevel             = 1                         ; Log level for console output
logFilePath               = /var/log/dvswitch/IAX_Bridge.log   ; Where to place the log file

[nodes]
; Note, if you are using automatic update for allstar link nodes,
; no allstar link nodes should be defined here. Only place a definition
; for your local nodes, and private (off of allstar link) nodes here.

1999 = radio@....0.1:4570/1999,NONE   ; example private node

[MACROS]
; Where the macros are
; xxxx=yyyy
; xxxx is the dial string to match
; yyyy is the command line to execute

; xxxx must be preceded by a *
; xxxx can be any string (alphanumeric)
; yyyy is the command to execute
; yyyy will replace xxxx in the dial string
; arguments follow the macro name with a # delimiter

OnConnect=osascript -e 'display notification "Connected to $@" with title "IAX_Bridge"';say "Connected to $@"
OnDisconnect=osascript -e 'display notification "Disconnected" with title "IAX_Bridge"'
OnTelemetry=osascript -e 'display notification "Telemetry: $@" with title "IAX_Bridge"'
hello=osascript -e 'display notification "hello"'

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.