From: Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>
To: <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Sent: 4/26/2018 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] PTT Configuration

Wait wait wait...  we do not have any smart Ptt stuff defined for you on the master.  I thought you were using hblink or hbbridge to connect to bm as a client.

On Apr 26, 2018, at 9:45 AM, Jamie R. Cid <jay@...> wrote:

Thanks Corey,

I am using BM but PTT don't seem to work and "wakeup" the TG's on BM. Also I appear to get TG's that should be on TS1 coming in on TS2.. I figured it was related to this,

DMRlink looks to the BM server as a "SmartPTT" connection. This is not like a Motorola, Hytera or even MMDVM. SmartPTT connections must be setup by a BM server administrator. The TS/TG mapping is not available to the repeater sysop. The TS/TG mapping is ALWAYS static, it can not be User Activated (PTT). SmartPTT connections will not dynamically create a TS/TG map.

BM will send data to SmartPTT on a TS in a "first come first serve" basis. Example: You have 2 static TGs on TS1 mapped from BM to SmartPTT. TG1 and TG2. If the TS is quiet, traffic on TS1/TG1 will be sent to SmartPTT. Now while the TS1/TG1 traffic is "flowing" Traffic appears on TS1/TG2, The TS1/TG1 traffic will not be interrupted. Once the traffic on TS1/TG1 drops, BM will IMMEDIATELY send the TS1/TG2 traffic to SmartPTT. Thus "stealing" the TS. The user on TS1/TG1 will not hear traffic on TS1/TG1 until the traffic on TS1/TG2 stops.

Based on the information above, choose the TS/TG you request from any single BM server with care. DMRlink does have rules to control routing TS/TG from BM to DMRlink. If you have to have more then 1 TG on a given TS from BM, You should consider breaking up your requests to multiple BM servers.