Re: USRP error - packets to short

Steve N4IRS

I think you will find that short transmission from BM in mb.log. Testing from DVSM to DVSM is invalid. Test from radio to dvsm

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Mike KB8JNM <groupsio@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 10:51:26 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] USRP error - packets to short

I am quite sure it has a different version#, that is why I used it for the test.

Is there a published protocol for the handshake between BM and devices so I can trace this down at the packet level ?

Seems to me that the usrp length is dependent on the mmdvm structure and that is dependent on what you are talking to OR reported to be talking to.

I find it strange that I may be the only one experiencing the issue, or perhaps a few of us?

On 9/13/22 05:53, Steve N4IRS wrote:
I bet that the older version of DVS has a different version number. I believe your issue is BM admin made, not a system problem.

On 9/12/22 23:17, Mike KB8JNM wrote:

Being that I can communicate between DVSS and my older original version of DVS on non-high profile TG's,

and that older version of DVS has no issue using any TG, exactly what can be different in the DVSS software where something is making a judgement call about the length of the data structure to USRP ?

On 9/10/22 20:29, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Understood. You will have to generate traffic from another source. I think it's related to a BM TG number.

On 9/10/22 20:27, Mike KB8JNM wrote:

Connected to 3166 but not sure what I would be testing for as no activity will produce no error

On 9/10/22 20:19, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Mike,
Test this on a little used TG. Use 3166 or your DMR ID etc.

Steve

On 9/10/22 19:39, Mike KB8JNM wrote:
So Running HUC and AR on a node for nearly 2 years without error and it suddenly gets quite on DMR

After connection, I hear 1 and only one incoming tx's, the silent unless I connect again or briefly tx.

Not seeing any reason for it,  I questioned corruption in the system and reloaded saved image from april this year.
no change
running asterisk in foreground, I see this

[Sep 10 18:59:40] NOTICE[865]: chan_usrp.c:406 usrp_xread: Received packet length 30 too short
[Sep 10 18:59:43] NOTICE[865]: chan_usrp.c:406 usrp_xread: Received packet length 21 too short
[Sep 10 19:00:00] NOTICE[865]: chan_usrp.c:406 usrp_xread: Received packet length 21 too short
[Sep 10 19:00:32] NOTICE[865]: chan_usrp.c:406 usrp_xread: Received packet length 30 too short
[Sep 10 19:00:42] NOTICE[865]: chan_usrp.c:406 usrp_xread: Received packet length 21 too short
[Sep 10 19:00:51] NOTICE[865]: chan_usrp.c:406 usrp_xread: Received packet length 30 too short
[Sep 10 19:00:54] NOTICE[865]: chan_usrp.c:406 usrp_xread: Received packet length 30 too short
[Sep 10 19:01:07] NOTICE[865]: chan_usrp.c:406 usrp_xread: Received packet length 21 too short
EOH*CLI>