New Analog_Bridge Setup Audio Issue

Ed W8VT

The SD card in my ASL->DMR Bridge went belly up so just redid everything on new card using the latest ASL Stretch image on RPi 2 with DV3000 (do not use cheap SD cards and make config backups - lessons learned!)
Anyway, works and sounds great ASL -> DMR BM. DMR -> ASL sounds funny. There is a pulsing - stutter to the audio and I swear it sounds like it is a little low and slow, like sampling issue or something. Again sounds great going the other direction. Thoughts and ideas? Sure I have a config messed up somewhere but so far have not found it.

Ed W8VT