Re: New to this group - Interested in DMR to analog linking.

That is correct - the PiDV is no longer in production.

The UDRC-II is the radio interface, including control lines and audio.
The ThumbDV is the Vocoder.

They can both be used with the RPi 2/3 at the same time.

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 2:33 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
The UDRC-II is not a vocoder. It is a radio interface. As far as I know, NW Digital not longet makes the PiDV.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 05/08/2018 04:41 PM, SkierInAvon via Groups.Io wrote:
George what HW are you planning to use for your (RPi 3  based ??) Allstar to DMR Gateway?
I've read that the NW Digital - Thumb DV can work...I'd rather use their Digital UDRC-II board which interfaces with the RPi 3 via the Pi's IO connector.  Much cleaner package.

--

John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA