Re: New to this group - Interested in DMR to analog linking.

George Zafiropoulos

Hi John and Steve,
I have no specific hardware in mind.  That is what I want to learn from you guys.  What would be the best hardware and/or software to make this work.  At a bare minimum what we want to do is have a port on our analog control system plug into some sort of hardware (AllStar node ?) that connects to the internet.  Then somewhere in the cloud or on a computer in our own site have some software that bridges from that AllStar node to our Talk Group 31075.
If we can just do that, it would be great.  Anything beyond that, like the ability to dyanmically point the analog port device to another talk gorup would be icing on the cake.
To so this, what is the best approach?
We have access to data centers with high speed connections and lots of smart people who know their way around linux, networking and all that.  We just don't want to reinvent the wheel.
What would you guys recommend?
Thanks!
George KJ6VU

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 8:55 AM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
That is correct - the PiDV is no longer in production.

The UDRC-II is the radio interface, including control lines and audio.
The ThumbDV is the Vocoder.

They can both be used with the RPi 2/3 at the same time.

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 2:33 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
The UDRC-II is not a vocoder. It is a radio interface. As far as I know, NW Digital not longet makes the PiDV.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 05/08/2018 04:41 PM, SkierInAvon via Groups.Io wrote:
George what HW are you planning to use for your (RPi 3  based ??) Allstar to DMR Gateway?
I've read that the NW Digital - Thumb DV can work...I'd rather use their Digital UDRC-II board which interfaces with the RPi 3 via the Pi's IO connector.  Much cleaner package.

--

John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA