Re: DMR to AllStar Bridge

Ok after some more digging I'm pretty sure I can use the ras pi that my current node is running on which is a HAMVOIP image.

i'm running the instructions I got from this page:

It appears to have downloaded the files

[root@mynode-xxxx tmp]# wget http://dvswitch.org/install-dvswitch-repo
Resolving dvswitch.org (dvswitch.org)... 44.103.32.18
Connecting to dvswitch.org (dvswitch.org)|44.103.32.18|:80... connected.
Length: 610
Saving to: 'install-dvswitch-repo'

install-dvswitch-re 100%[===================>]     610  --.-KB/s    in 0s

2018-05-15 13:52:34 (18.6 MB/s) - 'install-dvswitch-repo' saved [610/610]

[root@mynode-xxxx tmp]# chmod +x install-dvswitch-repo
[root@mynode-xxxx tmp]# ./install-dvswitch-repo
./install-dvswitch-repo: line 12: cd: /etc/apt/sources.list.d: No such file or directory

checking it again:

[root@mynode-xxxx tmp]# dir
install-dvswitch-repo
iplog.txt
randommsg.gsm
rpt_extnodes
sess_0hr3a226i8nv8tamjanrjjjkl1
sess_o9bvk7fad53j4e3llfnjoitck0
sess_r8uka1a6jhd38tk3pu0m8f2gd1
systemd-private-2687e0800c094fa099d28f32cef3222a-systemd-timesyncd.service-YODPcR
[root@mynode-xxxx tmp]# chmod +x install-dvswitch-repo
[root@mynode-xxxx tmp]# ./install-dvswitch-repo
./install-dvswitch-repo: line 12: cd: /etc/apt/sources.list.d: No such file or directory

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 9:23 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Russell,
Your first step will be to get the AllStarLink (ASL) node running. I believe it's possible on AWS. The biggest challenge is DAHDI Which requires the kernel headers.
I suggest you get the kernel headers installed and theninstall ASL from <https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/ASL_FAQ>

73, Steve N4IRS

On 05/14/2018 10:14 AM, Russell Thomas wrote:
Steve,

Thanks for the response!
I'm starting to investigate a cloud host is there anything your recommend as far as linux goes.

this is where i'm starting:

If this looks good what are the install steps?

73,
Russell Thomas, KV4S

Cell: 205.202.1701
DMR: 3101393
D-Star: KV4S
AllStar: 47923
EchoLink: KV4S-L
HamShackHotline: 4225
Web: http://KV4S.com

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 6:05 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Russell,
AllStarLink can be bridged to a DMR TG. I can't say if the HAMVOIP version supports what is needed since it is closed source.
In general this is how it will look I am going to assume you want to connect to BrandMeister. This is a simple bridge, the components will change is you need more features.

BM <-> MMDVM_Bridge <-> Analog_Bridge <-> AllStarLink.

This can run on the same host as the AllStarLink node or on a separate host if the HAMVOIP node can not handle it.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 05/13/2018 02:03 PM, Russell Thomas wrote:
Hello, I'm new to the DVSwitch group.

I was told there was a software only option do do what i'm trying to
do and link and existing DMR talk group to an existing AllStar node.

Can anyone provide details on how to accomplish this?

I'm running VOIP on my AllStar node am I able to use this RasPi or do
I need to get another one dedicated to the linking?

I'm pretty much lost on the rest.

Thanks for any help and assitance. Enjoy seeing so much interest in
the cutting edge :)

73,
Russell Thomas, KV4S

Cell: 205.202.1701