Re: How cleanly stop bride.py

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Question:

A question here to start with – because I need to know. Is it actually “crashing”, or does it simply not start up because there’s a mismatch between the systems configured in bridge rules and active systems in the main configuration? It should not ever “crash”, but there are a number of scenarios where it might decline to start and exit cleanly.

Advice:

Don’t use bridge.py. If you’re doing IPSC call routing, look into confbrige.py. It’s a hell of a lot simpler to use and does the job 99% of folks want to do. confbridge.py will continue with active development – including web-based dashboard, etc., whereas bridge.py will probably die a slow death of not getting updated or expanded upon.

On Jun 16, 2017, at 2:10 PM, Bob N1XBM <N1XBM@...> wrote:

I recently directly connected my repeaters to Brandmeister. As far as I can tell I no longer need to use the bridge function of dmrlink. I found out setting the connections to false in dmrlink.cfg causes bridge to not run by crashing.

What would be the best suggested way to stop the bridge from running?

I am still using ambe_audio for my dmr-analog gateway which appears fine.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501