Re: DMR to AllStar Bridge

Steve N4IRS

Peter,
You are correct, no port forwarding needed for BM.
You will need UDP 4569 forwarded to the AllStarLink host for inbound connections. No other ports needed.

Steve

On 5/22/2018 11:35 AM, Peter Buckley via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks Steve.
My new Allstar/DMR Gateway is behind a (firewall - NAT gateway)
I know I need to (Allstar Port forward) UDP 4569  from the Internet Firewall into the Allstar/DMR gateway inside firewall on network 10.

Q.) Are their also any TCP/UDP ports I need to (also) forward to keep the BrandMeister Server with the Talk Groups (happy)

I know that my Pi-Star (node) does not require me to forward any TCP/UDP ports from my firewall back to it...So I'm guessing I don't need to forward any special ports to support the BM Talk Groups from my new Allstar/DMR Gateway.

--pete  N0ECT

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:30 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Peter,
Here is a link to the recomended node stanza for a AllStarLink Bridge.
<https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/allstarlink/wiki/home>

73, Steve N4IRS

On 5/22/2018 10:11 AM, Peter Buckley via Groups.Io wrote:
Tuesday, 22MAY -   My new Allstar/DMR Gateway up and running.

Allstar to DMR works fine...
Strangely, DMR back to Allstar...(a motorboat?) sound is heard on the Analog Allstar Radio - when transmitting back from a DMR/BM Talk Group...
Hint's on what needs to be adjusted?
Below from the rpt.conf   (courtesy tone section)  how does below compare to yours?
Thanks -  N0ECT

unlinkedct = ct2 ; Send a this courtesy tone when the user unkeys if the node is not connected to any other nodes. (optional, default is none)
remotect = ct3 ; remote linked courtesy tone (indicates a remote is in the list of links)
linkunkeyct = ct8 ; sent when a transmission received over the link unkeys
;nolocallinkct = 0 ; Send unlinkedct instead if another local node is connected to this node (hosted on the same PC).

On Monday, May 21, 2018 9:36 AM, "Russell Thomas, KV4S" <russelljthomas@...> wrote:

All,

I wanted to report as of this morning our club Allstar node and DMR talk group are working great!

I'm not exactly sure what I did to fix it (maybe Steve got a chance to remote in?).
After turning off the courtesy tones I had a full convo with someone on DMR while I was on AllStar. Maybe the hang time or tones were blocking/interfering with the DMR side?

Thanks to Steve and everyone that's been helping me the past week or so get the AllStar node and DVSwitch up and going! It's all in the cloud too so even an extra shutout for the AWS support as well!

This group is a great place for ideas and testing. Many thanks all around.

I'll be keeping an eye out and helping where I can I hope I learned something from all this and can pass it along :)

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Jim,
No problem. I will fix the Analog_Bridge install so it installs md380-emu. it really should have in the first place.  I have found a number of things like that I need to fix. There are also some config file changes that should help. Thanks for trying things out.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 05/18/2018 10:28 PM, James Nessen wrote:
My apologies, I installed analog_bridge which had a dependency of dvswitch-base (which obviously is not the same as dvswitch).

Sorry…

Jim, K6JWN