Re: DMR to AllStar Bridge

Steve N4IRS

Peter,
You are correct, no port forwarding needed for BM.
You will need UDP 4569 forwarded to the AllStarLink host for inbound connections. No other ports needed.

Steve

On 5/22/2018 11:35 AM, Peter Buckley via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks Steve.
My new Allstar/DMR Gateway is behind a (firewall - NAT gateway)
I know I need to (Allstar Port forward) UDP 4569  from the Internet Firewall into the Allstar/DMR gateway inside firewall on network 10.

Q.) Are their also any TCP/UDP ports I need to (also) forward to keep the BrandMeister Server with the Talk Groups (happy)

I know that my Pi-Star (node) does not require me to forward any TCP/UDP ports from my firewall back to it...So I'm guessing I don't need to forward any special ports to support the BM Talk Groups from my new Allstar/DMR Gateway.

--pete  N0ECT

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:30 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Peter,
Here is a link to the recomended node stanza for a AllStarLink Bridge.
<https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/allstarlink/wiki/home>

73, Steve N4IRS

On 5/22/2018 10:11 AM, Peter Buckley via Groups.Io wrote:
Tuesday, 22MAY -   My new Allstar/DMR Gateway up and running.

Allstar to DMR works fine...
Strangely, DMR back to Allstar...(a motorboat?) sound is heard on the Analog Allstar Radio - when transmitting back from a DMR/BM Talk Group...
Hint's on what needs to be adjusted?
Below from the rpt.conf   (courtesy tone section)  how does below compare to yours?
Thanks -  N0ECT

unlinkedct = ct2 ; Send a this courtesy tone when the user unkeys if the node is not connected to any other nodes. (optional, default is none)
remotect = ct3 ; remote linked courtesy tone (indicates a remote is in the list of links)
linkunkeyct = ct8 ; sent when a transmission received over the link unkeys
;nolocallinkct = 0 ; Send unlinkedct instead if another local node is connected to this node (hosted on the same PC).

On Monday, May 21, 2018 9:36 AM, "Russell Thomas, KV4S" <russelljthomas@...> wrote:

All,

I wanted to report as of this morning our club Allstar node and DMR talk group are working great!

I'm not exactly sure what I did to fix it (maybe Steve got a chance to remote in?). 
After turning off the courtesy tones I had a full convo with someone on DMR while I was on AllStar. Maybe the hang time or tones were blocking/interfering with the DMR side?

Thanks to Steve and everyone that's been helping me the past week or so get the AllStar node and DVSwitch up and going! It's all in the cloud too so even an extra shutout for the AWS support as well!

This group is a great place for ideas and testing. Many thanks all around. 

I'll be keeping an eye out and helping where I can I hope I learned something from all this and can pass it along :)

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Jim,
No problem. I will fix the Analog_Bridge install so it installs md380-emu. it really should have in the first place.  I have found a number of things like that I need to fix. There are also some config file changes that should help. Thanks for trying things out.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 05/18/2018 10:28 PM, James Nessen wrote:
My apologies, I installed analog_bridge which had a dependency of dvswitch-base (which obviously is not the same as dvswitch).

Sorry…

Jim, K6JWN

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve N4IRS
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 7:02 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] DMR to AllStar Bridge

you did a apt-get install dvswitch, and it did not install md380-emu?
On 05/18/2018 09:54 PM, James Nessen wrote:
It did not and that was the missing component for me that I had to install by hand.

Jim, K6JWN

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve N4IRS
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 3:56 PM

If you installed the dvswitch package or Analog_Bridge it should have installed md380-emu.
On 05/18/2018 06:54 PM, Roselito de los Reyes wrote:
Hey Steve,

Thanks for all you do. I tried installing DVSwitch on a pi with ASL. How do I get the MD380-EMU into the install and get it running like Russel has it setup?

Lito

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 3:51 PM

From the report, it's transcoding from Analog to DMR but not from DMR to Analog.
On 05/18/2018 06:49 PM, perlguy9@... wrote:
In this case, since you’re running in the cloud, what is doing the vocoder transcoding?
On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 6:46 PM Russell Thomas, KV4S <russelljthomas@...> wrote:
I"m back home and just gave it a try again. It's not working from DMR to AllStar.

Here is a screenshot from DMR hoseline. My audio is going out over the hoseline network fine but not on the allstar node.
AllStar to DMR comes over fine.

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 10:41 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
It looks like it is working to me.

On 5/18/2018 9:12 AM, Russell Thomas, KV4S wrote:
after minor tweaks and no success, attaching logs.

I'm lost now.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 11:01 PM Russell Thomas, KV4S <russelljthomas@...> wrote:
I have the self care account now and i set the talk group static.

Transmissions are not heard going from DMR to AllStar it's like it keys up on the Allstar for a spit second then drops.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 10:11 PM Russell Thomas, KV4S <russelljthomas@...> wrote:
That was it!

Right after i connected I heard Allstar on the DMR TG. 

I can transmit from AllStar to DMR as well. However, I cannot Transmit from DMR to AllStar. Is that where I'm still waiting on the Selfcare account for the Static Talk Group?

New logs attached.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 9:48 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
You need to enable the usrp channel driver in modules.conf.
On 05/17/2018 10:46 PM, Russell Thomas, KV4S wrote:
hey, it's doing this again (screenshot attached)
is it because i rebooted?
is this the DAHDI again?

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 9:19 PM Russell Thomas, KV4S <russelljthomas@...> wrote:
good catch. I did not. it is now.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 9:17 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Did you comment out the psuedo channel driver?
On 05/17/2018 10:13 PM, Russell Thomas, KV4S wrote:
i did un-comment this in the rpt.conf:
rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001; GNU Radio interface USRP

However, I have not setup the selfcare account for the club. I'll work on that and report back.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 8:57 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Have you setup the usrp channel driver and pointed it at analog_bridge?
Have you setup the selfcare account for the DMR connection and created a static TG?
On 05/17/2018 09:46 PM, Russell Thomas, KV4S wrote:
hmm can anyone check these logs and see if they can tell what's wrong?

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 6:17 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
systemctl start analog_bridge
systemctl start mmdvm_bridge

logs are at /var/log/mmdvm
On 05/17/2018 07:12 PM, Russell Thomas, KV4S wrote:
I believe I was able to make the appropriate edits to the ini files in opt.

How do you start the DVSwitch?
How do you view the logs I've seen folks post here?

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 11:19 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
All the DVSwitch programs are installed in /opt
/opt/Analog_Bridge
/opt MMDVM_Bridge
/opt/...
On 5/16/2018 12:16 PM, Russell Thomas, KV4S wrote:
Ok, I started over from scratch with AWS. I think i was loading the wrong images previously I loaded the Ubuntu 16.04 and that was the key.

I installed the ASL and the DVSwitch. 

All appears to have installed correctly this time.

What are my next steps. I tried some searches but I can't find where the .ini files are located.

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 8:06 PM Alec J Wasserman <alec.wasserman@...> wrote:
i followed the instructions on here   https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/ASL_FAQ  and I made Allstar work on Google Cloud last night  Wasnt too hard.

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.