Re: DMR to AllStar Bridge - Private Call to DMR ID without a TG?

Steve N4IRS

Hmmm,
A private call? Interesting idea. Then maybe put the TG back to 9? I'll have to think/play with this idea...

On 5/25/2018 11:42 AM, WillieB wrote:

It’s working fine with a TG, but doesn’t seem to be working by me changing the txTg field to my 3113756 DMR ID and rebooting the bridge. I’m sure I’m just doing something wrong. As a test on my HT I did a manual private call to 3113756 and I don’t hear anything on the AllStar node. And when I key the AllStar node nothing happens on my HT. When I look in Brandmeister self-care, it’s showing an Auto Static group of 3113756 which I believe is correct. I’ve attached logs to the email which may help. I’m open for suggestions.

Will, KE4IAJ

TARG AEC

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io [mailto:main@DVSwitch.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve N4IRS
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 9:28 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] DMR to AllStar Bridge - Private Call to DMR ID without a TG?

You should be able to put your current DMRID in, you wont need a second ID.

On 5/25/2018 9:25 AM, WillieB wrote:

Thanks Steve,

I’ve always argued the point to my teachers is that it depends on what definition of “sound” that you use lol. I have requested an additional DMR ID waiting for approval. Once it is approved I’ll test using it. My guess is that I just put the DMR ID in the txTg field in place of the TG in the Analog_Bridge.ini file.

If that doesn’t work I’ll wait on the example documentation for the HBlink.

Will

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io [mailto:main@DVSwitch.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve N4IRS
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 9:00 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] DMR to AllStar Bridge - Private Call to DMR ID without a TG?

Will,
A couple of comments here. Tying up a TG is a relative thing.  Almost like if a tree falls in a forest and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound. My point is that you can use DMRID as a TG. I do it all the time for testing. Another way to solve the issue is to setup hblink as a server or master. Point your MMDVM_bridge at it and point you HS at it. You now have a private connection between MMDVM_Bridge and your ZUMspot.

We are working on the documentation now and a example of that type of config is planned. HBlink is pretty easy to setup.

Steve

On 5/25/2018 8:47 AM, WillieB wrote:

Hello group,

I have searched and haven’t found anything so hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction. First of all many many thanks to Steve and anyone else involved for these programs and applications!

I am using dvswitch with analog_bridge, mmdvm_bridge, and md380-emu to create a DMR to AllStar bridge. I have it working (Many thanks to KV4S (Russell)) fine bridging to a DMR talkgroup. My question is, can I bridge an AllStar node directly to a DMR user ID without a talkgroup? I guess this would be a private call? What I’m trying to accomplish here is to allow me to use my ZUMspot to connect to AllStar nodes through the bridge, but without tying up an entire talkgroup. Thanks in advance.

Will, KE4IAJ

TARG AEC

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.