Adding hb_confbridge Into the Mix

James - K4JK

Greetings,

Python newb here. Thanks for all the work on this software, it's greatly appreciated.

I maintain about a 10 repeater c-Bridge network. We have added some MMDVM devices using HB_Bridge and IPSC_Bridge. We've been using a circa June 2017 cloned version of DMRLink and HBLink.

Works great. Our setup looks like this:

3 MMDVM nodes---->HBLink----->HB_Bridge---->IPSC Bridge--->CBridge---> TRBO Repeaters

All of the MMDVM nodes connect to the same port, there is only one MASTER stanza in the hblink.cfg file. We have repeat on so all MMDVM devices hear everything the others are doing.

Works well but I want to add hb_confbridge into the mix so I can better control group calls between the MMDVM devices. (I basically want to filter Local TGs between Repeaters)

I get the gist of how to do this, but I'm getting hung up on how all of these programs are started once we get there. For instance, now I just call HB_Bridge.py and IPSC_Bridge.py and everything is happy. As I understand it, HB_Bridge.py calls HBLink.py etc. and things work.

Once I add more stanzas to the hblink.cfg file and setup my bridges in hb_confbridge_rules.py, what do I start to get all of this up and running again? Do I need to call hb_confbridge in addition to HB_Bridge? Will that create too many instances of HBLink running?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

James
K4JK