Re: Updated DVSwitch repository available

WillieB <will@...>

I tuned my audio last night and ended up with the settings below. First I connected the my bridged node to a local repeater node and equalized the audio listening on DMR and Analog. Once the DMR receive audio was adjusted I then connected my bridged node to 3009999 (Echolink Test Server) and adjusted the audio coming back. Not a perfect science but audio sounds really good in both directions now.

aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_AGC

agcGain = -10

dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

dmrGain = 0.50

Will, KE4IAJ

TARG AEC

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io [mailto:main@DVSwitch.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve N4IRS
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:08 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Updated DVSwitch repository available

Peter,
Use:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN                  ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 2                                                   ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

This is multiply by 2. If still too low raise by 1 until you get it where you want it. 3.5 is a acceptable number.

Mike and I have been talking about tweaking these defaults.

Steve

On 5/30/2018 12:58 PM, Peter Buckley via Groups.Io wrote:

Thanks Steve,

Please make a suggestion as your schedule allows.

Symptom needing help:  low volume audio coming back in from DMR side to Allstar side.

My current  Analog_Bridge.ini is below.  Original entries marked with a  #  (updated entries right below those lines)

Steve - I made the adjustments based on an earlier email (to the group) from you.

Q.)  How best to include the DMR Audio going into the Allstar side.

73s  -pete  N0ECT

[USRP]

server = 127.0.0.1                      ; IP address of Allstar/Asterisk

toASLPort = 32001                       ; Analog_Bridge <-- ASL

fromASLPort = 34001                     ; Analog_Bridge --> ASL

#  aslAudio = AUDIO_UNITY               ; Original Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)

aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)

# agcGain = -20                         ; Original  Gain (in db) of the AGC filter

agcGain = .5                            ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter

dmrAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)

dmrGain = 0.65                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

#  dmrGain = 0.35                       ; Original  Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

On Sunday, May 20, 2018 7:23 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

I have some updates to make to to the programs, meta packages and config files. We are changing some of the defaults to point to the test reflectors. There are a few minor updates to the programs. 
Mike and I have been working on the documentation and example configs. I'll be updating the wiki with some of the samples.

73, Steve N4IRS

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.