From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
Sent: 03 June 2018 19:47:24
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Building up a network

So,
Ben and i have been working via e-mail direct to resolve his issue. To be complete and have a post for the next guy that runs into this I'm posting the results.
Ben is trying to connect to a clean install of HBlink on a VPS host. He can not connect with a Pi-Star DMRGateway on ports 62113 and 8413. When I tried from my non Pi-Star MMDVMHost, I was able to connect.
Well, I tried on my Pi-Star install. I could not connect on port numbers 62113 and 8413. When I changed Ben's hblink.cfg to the default HB port of 62031, I could connect with DMRGateway on my Pi-Star install.

I checked the Pi-Star GUI, I could find no editor for the firewall on the Pi-Star  install. I think you could edit the file used to setup the firewall, but I'm going to stop here. Can you guess what the problem is?

Pi-Star is blocking the outbound UDP traffic on ports 62113 and 8413. I just set fire to my Pi-Star install so I could not test further. (not really)

73, Steve N4IRS

On 06/03/2018 12:36 PM, beni@... wrote:
sure, be my guest if you like. Port changed to 62113 by the way and still no connection