From: Jason Ford <w4jmf@...>
Date: Wed, May 30, 2018 at 13:57
Subject: "Blocked" Message on Brandmeister
To: Steven Blackford <kb7sqi@...>, Wayne Cornish <g7oki@...>, Jeffrey Lehman, KC8QCH <kc8qch@...>

Greetings Gents:
After much research and a chat with the BM Admins, I have discovered the source of the problem for the blocked message.

All BM Masters run LoopBan.  If the server sees 5 calls shorter than 2 seconds over a 1 minute time, it will think it is a loop and place a 10 minute ban on the call.  LoopBans are in place for 1 hour automatically.

With this in mind I went into the MMDVM_Bridge settings and made a couple of adjustments to the settings:
[General]
RFModeHang=0 . changed to 10
NetModeHang=0, changed to 3
[DMR]
CallHang=0, changed to 3
TXHang=0, changed to 3

My thought process here is that if the 2 second mark is key, just make all TX's at least 2 secs.  So far today, I have not seen the issues from before.

Just sharing my experiments for future reference.

Jason Ford, W4JMF
Executive Director
World Wide Amateur Radio Guild Inc.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

--
-----
Steve, kb7sqi@...